Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 vs 2011 interior

Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
martingz

Default Another - Is It Me

Great reads of all the past history. OK, I have another "Is It Me" and I'm sure it is, yet again... I note in pictures on the 2011 (and 2010) the radio controls are on the "Right" side of the steering wheel. Seems to me a better placement is on the Left side, especially if you have a manual and your hand will be resting on the shifter (inches away from the controls by the way). Ok, let me have it and tell me why you love the radio control on the Right side... cause it is more modern... laugh.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I was looking at some car pics and I came across this one. Thinking about the OP's comment that he wanted the interior to wrap around to the doors. Check this out. What's old is new and whats new is old. Guess what car and year.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 AM
martingz

2010 Camaro ? Can't be that old, there are CD's on the seat Do I also see metal overlays! What is it ???
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
I was looking at some car pics and I came across this one. Thinking about the OP's comment that he wanted the interior to wrap around to the doors. Check this out. What's old is new and whats new is old. Guess what car and year.

Looks like a 1st generation T-Bird to me. As far as the radio control placement on the new Mustangs being on the righthand side of the steering wheel, ummmm, should someone really be changes stations/seeking MP3 files while shifting gears? Just my point of view
Old 03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
Looks like a 1st generation T-Bird to me. As far as the radio control placement on the new Mustangs being on the righthand side of the steering wheel, ummmm, should someone really be changes stations/seeking MP3 files while shifting gears? Just my point of view
Give the man a prize, he guessed it correctly. Yea, it's a ~50's T-Bird. Just goes to show how styling cues come and go. I was kinda giving it away when I said "old is new". The new cars are copying and recycling old ideas. Difference is, some are brought back in a great way, and some just crash and burn. The 60's retro interior of the S197 Mustang has been a much greater success than the interior of the Camaro which is simply hideous. As some of you already know I am a former Camaro owner so I have nothing but fond memories of my old car.

As to the CD's on the seat, that was a red herring. For some reason at that auto meet some garage band was dropping sample CDs on the seats of all the cars probably trying to get an audience and make a splash. This, and many other cars there did not have CD players. Fact is you can see the A/C ducts under the dash which was common in the 50's & 60's since they still hadn't for whatever reason incorporated them into the dash. This is a nice example of a car kept original to it's roots. It even has the optional Hula Girl on the dash (j/k)

Last edited by chronos; 03-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

A work bud of mine just got a 10 GT in the dark red color (not sure of the color name). Wow - the car is absolutely sick. The interior is killer!!! He got the premium with the light gray leather. I was drooling all over it today. I am really impressed with what Ford did with the 10s. I'm into all stangs and would go with this statement:
The 2010+ stangs are hands down the best modern muscle car, leaving the others in the dust in every regard...

Since we have tossed some exterior talk around in this thread - Because it was a friends I got a chance to really look it over, meaning looking over a 10 in person, always better than just pics... I totally dig the front, the hood, what they did with the rear quarters - and the rear just rocks - I really can't see what all the rear end bs is about it. In fact there was at least 3 other people drooling over the ride today and everyone's thoughts were - wtf are people thinking, the rear end looks great. I actually didn't think I would like the dark red from some pics I had seen, but man its a beautiful color on this car, shows the lines perfect. Of course we had to hear it growl from the back and watch the sequentials.... Bunch of 40+ children we are...

If I had the coin a 2010+ would be in my garage...

Have to forget about it and start enjoying my 09, glad I did some perf mods, I got on it all the way home and started looking at CAI upgrades when I got home...lol...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by laterider
I totally dig the front, the hood, what they did with the rear quarters - and the rear just rocks - I really can't see what all the rear end bs is about it. In fact there was at least 3 other people drooling over the ride today and everyone's thoughts were - wtf are people thinking, the rear end looks great. I actually didn't think I would like the dark red from some pics I had seen, but man its a beautiful color on this car, shows the lines perfect. Of course we had to hear it growl from the back and watch the sequentials.
Laterider - What car did you own before getting your 2009 Mustang? Just curious...
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 AM
martingz

I was joking about the CD's - that car is older than 8-tracks. 05GT - Even in an automatic, I tend to rest my hand on the shifter. I'm not always driving while clutching the wheel in a 10-2 / 9-3 - sometimes, especially in traffic, one hand is on the wheel, one is on the shifter. Of course I can now hold a beer, shift and change the radio... OK, that was a joke for those without a sense of humor.

(Just wanted to see if you were paying attention)
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

IMO, best interior ever. 1968-1971 Corvette (my dream car is a 1970).

Old 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by incorrigible
IMO, best interior ever. 1968-1971 Corvette (my dream car is a 1970).

While I appreciate the interiors of the classic cars, they don't even compare to the interiors we have now, not even close.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 vs 2011 interior