Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Thats what you get for installing a
remote start in a manual car
without a neutral safety switch.
Idiot.
Lucky it was not your garage door because wifey tried to remote start her.
Now the poor dealership has to pay to fix it because of your stupidity.
You are the reason Dealerships are refered to stealerships round here...
WTF???
Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Well Ford is denying any involvement in their service manager remote starting my car and it driving into their lake. So it will go through my insurance. No new car, and I will never ever own another Ford after this bs. I already started looking at new Corvette's. Here's some pics.

Did I catch your plate correctly in that you are active duty AA? If so this gets even better for you. Let the military lawyers take care of it. I can see the paper now "Brandon Ford drives enlisted man's car into pond, won't pay for it"

Seriously, get ahold of a local tv station.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

car got damaged while in their possession. pure and simple. but as I mentioned earlier, you also had a safety issue because you bypassed your clutch kill switch.

it can go either way.

however, I fail to see how Ford as a company has any bearing on this situation. The Dealership is privately owned and operated. They contract out with Ford to sell new vehicles and provide service. The buck stops there.

You need to leave Ford out of the equation here. This situation is only between YOU & the Dealership...nobody else
Idiot.
a bit harsh, but then again...it's not like he hasn't been warned, or even admited it was a dumb idea

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-on-trans.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-a-manual.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ss-clutch.html
see post #4...foreshadowing anyone?
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...lp-me-out.html
Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Trust me. You can sue them. The paper that you always sign and leave it with them while they work on your car is a contract and the dealership takes full responsibility. I've seen cars being dropped in the past and the customer manage to either get their car fix or replaced. Since it's an aftermarket push start button, the dealership might denied it. If it was an OEM then it would be a different story. But you can still sue them. Tell them they shouldn't have used the remote start in the first place. Write a letter to the owner stating that you will sue if they don't take action.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
cobra0478
1st Gear Member

I believe you both share responsibility for the screw up,enough said there.
I do believe that a lawyer,and not necessarly a good lawyer,could put enough blame on the dealership that they would be ordered in court to replace your car.
If it got to court.
Once the suit was filed,and they new you were going to persue the issue,they would come through for you.
I would be all about trying.
Don
Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Do not take the car off there lot and do not have your insurance come get it. Call the police first. If damage was cause while in there possession, they are liable. Or at least are responsible for legally proving they are not. Get a Police report saying whose possession the car was in legally at the time of the accident, whose property, who reported the accident, and who called / paid to pull it out. Let the Police also know that they are dening involvement in the situation, and that is why you would like a statement of the facts.

I'm not sure what law this would fall under specificaly but this is on level with a hit and run totaling your car.

You both have valid reasons to justify who you feel is at fault but that is something that if you cant come to agreement on should be settled by a judge, not by them trying to say they had nothing to do with it. Right now, from the info provided, you seem to at least be able to prove whose possession it was in.

Last edited by JDWalton; 03-22-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The dealership is reliable here, period.
They're not supposed to play with customer's cars, so someone had to be in there and start the car the conventional way to prevent failures from amateur installed devices, like it's the case here.

When I get a car in my shop, I always take the keys out of the car or leave a windows down in case some idiot put a faulty alarm system himself and it's wired so the car locks itself after a few seconds. Niiiiiice.
And often, said idiot has only one set of keys too.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Well Ford is denying any involvement in their service manager remote starting my car and it driving into their lake. So it will go through my insurance. No new car, and I will never ever own another Ford after this bs. I already started looking at new Corvette's. Here's some pics.

Have you looked into going after the dealership and not Ford?

Technically, the service manager works for the service department of the DEALERSHIP, not Ford. Each dealership is independently owned.

That might be why Ford is washing their hands of this.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Idiot.
Lucky it was not your garage door because wifey tried to remote start her.
Now the poor dealership has to pay to fix it because of your stupidity.
You are the reason Dealerships are refered to stealerships round here...
Surely this is satire (aka sarcasm)...

...right?!?!?!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
The dealership is liable here, period.
They're not supposed to play with customer's cars, so someone had to be in there and start the car the conventional way to prevent failures from amateur installed devices, like it's the case here.

When I get a car in my shop, I always take the keys out of the car or leave a windows down in case some idiot put a faulty alarm system himself and it's wired so the car locks itself after a few seconds. Niiiiiice.
And often, said idiot has only one set of keys too.
fixed for you Pascal

Also, OP - If i read that plate right you are Air Force?
A.) Thanks for your service, I appreciate it.
B.) Being in the line of work you're in should make it a PR nightmare for Brandon Ford if you decide to pull in press, etc. A good lawyer would have a field day with this, but they wouldn't have to. Get a good lawyer to go in with you and inform them that unless satisfactory reparations are made, they will be pursued in the courtroom. Just the case going to court can potentially cause enough controversy that they will settle with claiming liability and have their insurance take care of it.
Headline: "Flyboy refuses submarine for car, seeks reparation!"

Last edited by Peshields; 03-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!