Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #361
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Wow I would think he was joking, did you take any pics? I wouldn't be able to have a remote start then since it has to be in neutral with the e-brake because my e-brake is worthless therefor I leave my car in gear everywhere.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #362
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang 5.0

I'm just amazed that OP can't seem to take responsibility for his own stupidity. Neither Ford nor the dealership are at fault, as neither one installed the remote starter! Even the attendant is innocent. Like some of the others said you are lucky to even get one penny from your insurance company. Stop your Biatching and whining and move on.

2011 5.0 Performance White Premium, 3.73's, 401a, Roush Axle Back Mufflers, Eibach Pro Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, Center Fog Grille, staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255/45/18 and 295/45/18 tires, 20% tint, Weathertech Floor liners, MMD Hood struts, custom rocker stripes

Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #363
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 09 GT 5 spd

OP, thanks for putting a smile back on my face. It was kind of a bad morning.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #364
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Frankenthread...

Brought back from the dead, and now refuses to die!

2010 GT Premium, 5-Speed Manual
Sterling Gray, Spec 401A Brick Red/Cashmere
Comfort PKG
Electronics PKG
3.73 Rear Axle
19" Machined Wheels
18" 5-Spoke Winter Wheels
Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #365
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydawg003 View Post
Just an update. To this day Brandon Ford Dealer in FL is still denying any fault in totaling my car. My insurance subjugated a check to me for the cars value minus all my aftermarket mods. Which was a large amount of money out of my pocket.

It has been like 6 months and my insurance company is still trying to get them to pay them back with no luck. I probably won't sue because I'm to nice and to lazy to deal with the hassle of it all. I just wish they would have been nicer and offered me another used 07 mustang gt with similar mods to what I had. I mean they did total my car and ruin my entire month.

Because of this I know drive a pathetic pos 4 cylinder car that is slow as *****. But after Ford screwed me I still won't ever own one again unless this dealership steps up and takes responsibility for its mistake.
I can't believe this "poor me I was screwed" mentality you continue to exhibit.

Ford was NOT the cause of your problem, the dealer was NOT the cause of your problem.

YOU WERE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM! You screwed up and by passed safety processes and now want to hold everyone but yourself responsible. You haven't hired an attorney because you are "to (sic) nice" is not the reason. No attorney will take a case like this because it is a loser and then you probably wouldn't pay the legal fees.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #366
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Luckydawg, your car is from Brandon Ford? Mine is too I found out a few weeks ago on the maintenance guide it has a sticker for Brandon Ford but my car was originally purchased in Miami when I lived down there.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #367
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
World Class IDIOT who cannot take responsibility for his own actions.

Be a man and suck it up. Between your behavior prior to the Remote Start install and the subsequent dunking, you have never gotten it have you?

You were warned multiple times that such a situation could occur. You ignored sage PROPHETIC advise.

You encouraged others to follow in your folly and 1/2-*** the install and deliberately defeat the neutral safety switch.

I hope you do "decide" to sue this dealership. Any drunken defense lawyer could hand you your behind in Court. You being a "nice guy" is bull****. You are just a little chicken who knows he hasn't a chance in Hell. But like the Ankle Biter you are, you can't quit yapping about it.

FMLIFE was a good title for this. You should be prevented from breeding. You will only dilute the Genetic Pool

What he said.
F!cking moron. That's why our car insurance is higher than it should be, thanks to companies paying claims on morons like this.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #368
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Boss 302

I like the remote start from a technology stand point. It's cool. Integrated with the proper security features, it could provide remote kills if your car were ever stolen. That said, they do need to be installed properly, which this doesn't sound like it was.

People need to get off their high-horse about the lazyness topic. I'm sure 99% of them still take their car for trips they could have biked or walked to. I'm no different.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #369
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
I like the remote start from a technology stand point. It's cool. Integrated with the proper security features, it could provide remote kills if your car were ever stolen. That said, they do need to be installed properly, which this doesn't sound like it was.

People need to get off their high-horse about the lazyness topic. I'm sure 99% of them still take their car for trips they could have biked or walked to. I'm no different.
Remote for security reasons is a good idea but to start your car? Come on...just get off your lazy **** and go out like a man and start the darn thing! Be glad you live in this century where you have a car that has heat....other wise you would be riding on a horse or buggy with a blanket!

Blue Mustang Registry #363
Old 08-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #370
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Vehicle: 2006GT/Gone but not forgotten/2008 Shelby GT500 now!

I SOOOO wish this thread would get deleted already.

2008 Shelby GT500-Black/Charcoal Stripes
Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #371
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Vehicle: 04 SRT Ram, 15 Fuji Heavy Industries WRX

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #372
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6
Dreamtheory
Send a message via AIM to Dreamtheory

At first i felt bad for the guy. But then after reading like 100+ responces, i agree with the majority. Your a ****ing moron. This is why you DON'T put a remote start ON A MANUAL. L2remote start an automatic like i did.

Maybe its a good thing u will never own a ford again... so you don't end up putting another ford in the junk yard. Next time you get a manual (should be illegal for you) don't buy a remote start system.

woot for trash the OP #372!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #373
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDYSEY View Post
I am just sad that the insurance company actually paid you anything. I think you needed a bigger lesson learned.
x1,000,000
Wow I can't believe that initially without knowing about the previous thread I thought you deserved to be treated better by the dealership. Your arrogance only makes you seem like a weasel(which is not to say that any animal resembles these characteristics). Your insurance company only added to your arrogant belief that in some way you are right about this. You didn't deserve what the insurance company gave you, and you certainly don't deserve the sympathy of anyone on this forum. The only thing I feel sorry for is your car, as it never got the chance to have an owner who truly appreciated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmoke View Post
I SOOOO wish this thread would get deleted already.
Any useful insight that might have been gained by this thread is lost by the OP's ignorance.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #374
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Enough with this please!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #375
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2011 Shelby GT500
Send a message via AIM to wilkinda

I can't believe this thread came back to life. I am even more surprised that the OP came back in to whine some more about his not getting Brandon Ford to pay out to his insurance company or to him.

With that said.... I will again state that I will not tolerate the name calling. State what you have to say with-out the name calling or say nothing at all....

Current:
* 2013 Shelby GT500 in custom 1 of 1 color | SVTPP Pkg | Glass Roof | Red-line Hood Struts | BBR Shorty Antenna | Expel Ultimate Clear Bra
* 2012 Ford Explorer Limited - Tuxedo black
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #376
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
I can't believe this thread came back to life. I am even more surprised that the OP came back in to whine some more about his not getting Brandon Ford to pay out to his insurance company or to him.

With that said.... I will again state that I will not tolerate the name calling. State what you have to say with-out the name calling or say nothing at all....
Well Wilki there won't be anymore name calling on this thread unless someone else re-opens it, cause I'm locking it.

It was entertaining when it happened but now it's like killing a fly with a 12 gauge.

Matt, do what you want...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2008, 2011, 427r, brandon, car, date, drove, ford, gt, lake, mustang, pond, release, remote, start