Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:40 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

yeah even not running if a car gets flooded it's done, let alone if it's running when it enters the water.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

I'd let Ford drive my car into a lake if they gave me a new one guaranteed.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:34 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Good luck on this one. Me and my GF went to Brandon Ford and signed all the paperwork on a 2010 GT, but we had to come back the next day to pick it up due to the car just coming off the hauler. We drove 1.5 hrs back over there just for the finance advisor to tell us we couldnt get financing, after we were told everything was a go the night before. They didnt even give us the courtesy of calling to give us a heads up.
The reason they wouldnt finance was the fact that we have my gt and her cobalt financed and they didnt want to finance a third veh.

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 03-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

+1 i hate brandon ford

i purchased my first car from them a new ford focus. when i was driving the car home off the lot on the interstate the battery died because it had a faulty alternator. The power steering, power brakes, and everything died too at 70 mph.

They fixed the car and resolved the situation but were very unpleasant to deal with and i will never purchase another car from them again.

GL i hope you have better luck dealing with their service department

Last edited by nmd55; 03-21-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Wow.. I get nasty responses because I stated I have had nothing but good results from Brandon Ford and I get accused of being biased. Now I wonder if those same individuals will send those giving bad reviews about Brandon the same PMs and comments in this thread... You know who you are that I am referring too as well. But somehow I doubt you will...
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
dark-army
2nd Gear Member

That is the craziest, and worst, dealership story I've ever heard. Hope you get a new car, definitely waiting to see how this one turns out. Good luck man.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dark-army
That is the craziest, and worst, dealership story I've ever heard. Hope you get a new car, definitely waiting to see how this one turns out. Good luck man.
Why in the world would he get a new car? He didn't have one to begin with!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Really sorry to hear. Hope things work out for you.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iDance
Why in the world would he get a new car? He didn't have one to begin with!
Cuz apparently lots of members here have never made a mistake and cant seem to understand how it works.

1. There is not gonna be a free car out of this, you are only making yourself look stupid if you really believe that will be the outcome. Have we all forgotten how insurance works?

2. No one has heard how/what the dealer is doing about the situation. For all we know, they are figuring out how to make the situation right? Maybe not, but we dont know. Why not put down the pitchforks until we hear the updates and get the full story?
Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

1) This has to be an insurance claim against the dealer of some sort. I can't imagine that the dealer itself doesn't have any insurance to protect themselves in the case of an accident by one of their employees (test drives, fill ups, etc).

2) I also can't imagine that any insurance company would treat this other than anything short of a salvage. If this is the case, you're only going to get the depreciated value of your car and not a new one. If you were making payments on your car and you are upside down, this could be a problem. Then you would need to seek legal advice.

If you do seek an attorney, they will be expensive. Most attorneys here in CA won't even consider taking the case unless it's upwards of $50k to make it worth their while.

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!