Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

well you can skim this one lol

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...e-updated.html

Good to see you bro..you been hiding lately
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Originally Posted by howarmat
well you can skim this one lol

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...e-updated.html

Good to see you bro..you been hiding lately

not hiding. just lurking when in here, and then on vacation for a bit. im always around, just ninjaing the tech section

Last edited by Joolander; 03-26-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

should probably change his screen name to "notsoluckydawg003"
Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
lol where did the term booby trap ever come from...
here are a couple of options on the meaning...
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Ray Mears suggested that the booby trap name came from the skill of catching boobies - a sea bird, when out at sea. Bait would be placed in the middle of a noose, when the Booby landed on deck to eat the food, the noose would be tightened to catch the bird by the legs.[citation needed]

Or it could result from a derivative of the English usage of the term "boob": "an embarrassing mistake"
And indeed there are booby trap laws, it has to do with the fact that you pre-meditated harm on the intruder.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I have one problem with everybodys story. There has to be some loose ends from both parties. My problem is that in my corvette. If I have the E-brake on, in any gear, and let out the clutch, it stalls in about 2 seconds. Once it stalls the gear holds it in place. There is more to this story than were being told.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I would have to agree that there are things missing that we are not being told! All he had to do was just give them the key! No remote the this would not have happened! What is this world coming to,we can't do things the old way,just start the car by getting in it and starting it! Remote starts are just not worth it they cause more electrical problems in the car its not funny!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Posting this to remind myself

by page 6 alone I have seen some really outstanding cases of stupidity and a huge lack of mechanical knowledge...hell, just basic ideas are getting mangled

once I get home from the rifle range I'll collate the stuff for those too lazy to spend 5 minutes and use GOOGLE
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

As a guy that works on cars everyday, a car moving with the E-brake on just doesn't compute with me.
Now, I will believe in a faulty E-brake or you think it's pulled up enough when in fact it's not locking much. Seems to be the case here...
Doesn't matter, the dealer is out of the loop.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 PM
mwinter501
1st Gear Member

Has anyone ever noticed that O'Reilly's power steering fluid smells like a litter box?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Final post for me. On my Python 990 Alarm you have to press the remote start button TWICE to remote start my car. That's the red button with an asterisk. If the assistant service manager was trying to unlock my car like the Dealer said in his post. The remote has a nice little unlock symbol on the top right button. This assistant manager has retrieved my car before in the past with no incidence. I wouldn't have had a problem or posted so much negative press about Brandon Ford if they were apologetic for this accident. But they attacked and accused me from the start. Denying any fault of their own. Isn't possession 9/10th of the law. They had full possession of my car and remote. I kept my cool and didn't yell or scream or do anything to the people responsible for destroying my pride and joy in my mustang. I spent years modifying it and now its gone forever. Is it fair. NO. Was it fair that I got blown up in Iraq and severely wounded. NO but life isn't fair. Any advice I can give to future Ford Dealers Use the keys and not the customers alarm remote. Or if you take your car in for service only give them the key.

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response