Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Headlight Tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Sterling302
1st Gear Member

Default Black Headlight Tint

Hey all, so I get all of my parts from AmericanMuscle.com, and when I say everything, I mean if they sold toilet paper I'd probably buy it and swap my passenger seat for a toilet. There are 2 items I saw a long time ago back in the days of my 2004 V6. Fogged headlight covers (NOT BLACK, STILL STREET LEGAL) and a Black pony for the grille. I now have a 2012 GT and would very much like both of these mods. I know I could paint the horse, but I'm accident prone...need I say more? And I have fogged FOG light covers in the mail (Hopefully tomorrow!) but couldn't find the headlight tint. Does anyone know if they still have these two items? I was really bummed. And if not, anybody know where I can get them? I also wanted a black GT Bezel for the trunk if you guys would happen to know where I can get one.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Xpel.com sells a whole front end kit that is a very nice film for protection and looks. I run it on mine and I love it. And for the trunk, are you referring to the third brake light?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Sterling302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Xpel.com sells a whole front end kit that is a very nice film for protection and looks. I run it on mine and I love it. And for the trunk, are you referring to the third brake light?
No I was referring to the Silver Gt bezel in between the tail lights. But thanks alot for Xpel.com!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sterling302
Hey all, so I get all of my parts from AmericanMuscle.com, and when I say everything, I mean if they sold toilet paper I'd probably buy it and swap my passenger seat for a toilet. There are 2 items I saw a long time ago back in the days of my 2004 V6. Fogged headlight covers (NOT BLACK, STILL STREET LEGAL) and a Black pony for the grille. I now have a 2012 GT and would very much like both of these mods. I know I could paint the horse, but I'm accident prone...need I say more? And I have fogged FOG light covers in the mail (Hopefully tomorrow!) but couldn't find the headlight tint. Does anyone know if they still have these two items? I was really bummed. And if not, anybody know where I can get them? I also wanted a black GT Bezel for the trunk if you guys would happen to know where I can get one.
Hey,

Thanks for being such a great and loyal customer, we really appreciate it! Unfortunately we don't carry Fogged headlight Covers or the black running pony anymore. However, we do have the Smoked option headlight covers.

Do you have any interest in them? Let me know, I'll gladly get you squared away.

-Dan
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Sterling302
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Dan. I would be interested in the fog covers if my lights would still shine through them, which I don't think is the case. And also, if I was to try and paint the running pony, what kind of prep work would go into a chrome plastic horse? Wet sand? What grit? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Just sand it down the best you can with 600+, prime, paint, clear and you'll be golden. Wet sand with 1000+ when you're done and buff with a good compound like Meguiars Ultimate.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
HsvGT
1st Gear Member

It looks like you have the dark headlamp film from the pic. How dark is the smoked headlamp / foglamp kit? Would I need to get brighter bulbs if I got the dark set?

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Xpel.com sells a whole front end kit that is a very nice film for protection and looks. I run it on mine and I love it.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HsvGT
It looks like you have the dark headlamp film from the pic. How dark is the smoked headlamp / foglamp kit? Would I need to get brighter bulbs if I got the dark set?
Old vids but here are the differences:

Stock headlights

HIDs

Appearance

Roush Front

You would be correct. That is the 'Dark Smoke' tint kit. In all honesty, you don't NEED HIDs but I highly recommend them. I love them and have gotten nothing but compliments from other enthusiasts.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Sterling302
1st Gear Member

I can get some HID bulbs for my head/ fog lights at am, can't I?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Absolutely. I highly recommend Retro Solutions. The bulbs you will need are H13 (headlights) and H10 (fogs).

Quick Reply: Black Headlight Tint