Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the trick to burnouts with manual tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I gotta say, those club meets are helluva lot of fun.

During our cruise thru DC last Sunday, a cobra did a burnout on the street.. in front of a S197 vett with top down, hahaha, guy riding with me and I were laughing.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

It's rather easy. Dump the clutch around 3.5-4k. The cars not going to go anywhere right when you do this, so it gives you plenty of time to mash the brake. It takes a little practice, but once you got it down its cake. Just make sure to watch your rpms while your burning out, don't wanna bounce off the rev limiter.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:20 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
You picked a hell of a car to learn manual on lol...
When I bought my 2008gt/cs I had never once in my life driven a manual. I always wanted a stang it was a life long dream and I told myself no way will I get an auto. I went to the dealer and got in the car after buying it and was dikin around and they could tell I had never driven a stick.

Dealer- you know what your doin

me-no not really

Dealer- how about you come back tomorrow and we show you how to drive it

me- i been on some bikes must be the same thing just with your feet

Dealer- ok

I drove of the show room floor and stalled out down the street, stalled out about 40 times in the next month, but haven't done it in almost a year and now i shift like a champ.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
When I bought my 2008gt/cs I had never once in my life driven a manual. I always wanted a stang it was a life long dream and I told myself no way will I get an auto. I went to the dealer and got in the car after buying it and was dikin around and they could tell I had never driven a stick.

me-no not really

Dealer- ok

I drove of the show room floor and stalled out down the street, stalled out about 40 times in the next month, but haven't done it in almost a year and now i shift like a champ.
Same exact story here
Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

me-no not really

Dealer- ok

same thing here, stalled out before leaving the dealership and at every red light.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

me-no not really

Dealer- ok

LOL awesome story!! you guys are great. so funny haha.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

the old man taught me how to drive stick in a church parking lot, lol big *** parking lot...after getting the feel for it he asked if i was ready to drive home, I said hell yeah, and I made it about 100 ft, and stalled at a red light right in front of the church parking lot...lol i made it home shortly after though lol
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

I must be missing something....doing a burnout with a manual is too easy!! the hard part is learning how to launch it with minimal wheelspin. i can roast the tires in my 93 vortech Cobra just dumping the clutch at 2500 rpms.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Do the burnout in 2nd gear, you have more tires speed. rev up, dump the clutch, move left foot over and hit the brake to stop movement.

Make sure you remember that your left foot is on the brake. A lot of the time when you are done with the burnout, it's easy to forget that the left foot is on the brake and to push it down harder, thinking its on the clutch pedal, while getting out of the gas. End result is hard stall.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

my father taught me how to drive stick by registering my first car and telling don't come back till you find a job

Quick Reply: Whats the trick to burnouts with manual tranny