Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the trick to burnouts with manual tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Default Whats the trick to burnouts with manual tranny

my local mustang club had a meet this past weekend at the hooters in Lakeland florida....

you know how hooters meets go, i had a good time as well with a few brewskies since i brought a designated driver with me....

you know how people get at meets like that, people want to start doing burnouts or whatnot...

im still learning the manual tranny so i let my buddy do a burnout in the beast in return for driving my drunka$$ home that night LOL

im really annoying in this video, had a bit of alcohol in my system ;-)

my question is, whats the trick to burning out with the manual tranny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi3XBBWQoqQ

Last edited by 0NF1R; 03-28-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

You picked a hell of a car to learn manual on lol...
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

dude I wish I had buddies like you that would let me do a burnout in THEIR car. that was actually a pretty weak burnout if you ask me. If I did it you would not have any back tires left, they would be done!!!! the best way to do it in a manual and its a bit tricky because too much brake and you bog the car, having rear disk brakes makes it even harder, I basically put my food sideways across the brake and throttle, heel on the brake, toe on the throttle, traction control off of course, I have not done this on MY mustang yet, but should work just the same, medium firm contact with the heel on the brake, toe the throttle to 4 grand, dump the clutch as the tires start spinning ease up on the brake a tad, this will let the tires start cook easier.

here is a vid of me doing a burnout with my old 02 dodge diesel, truck had a 6 speed manual, as you can see I stalled it because I didn't do a hard enough clutch dump, needed more revs and a harder dump. looking back on it I should have held the burnout a longer, its a little weak for my tastes

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=100_0390.flv
Old 03-28-2010, 03:21 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

LOL, he went really easy on you.

I so could not burnout my new Nittos, would make me cringe.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

nice 1.....

ya i like it when the smoke starts rotating inside the wheel well...

as far as my car, it wasnt the best burnout but thats good cause im glad that ill still get more time out of the tires instead of having to buy some AsAP...

in my video i said "i WOULD like to use those tires tomorrow! " :-)
Old 03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I heard that hahahaha.

Ummm don't laugh (I'm sure ya'll will lol), but this is my first burnout with my stock tires when I was at a small club meet month or so ago. It's tough with an auto.

Watch how the guys do it.. especially the cobra. That guy apparently did not want to use his the next day. BTW, the other S197 was an auto. lol, we were all choking from the rubber. They sure know how to have fun though.

http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=VID00015.flv
Old 03-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Jaysus Christ man. Yeah, I guess he really didn't plan on having any other use for that rubber, eh?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:59 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

ONF1, see that video with the blue mustang convertible, if I had been your buddy on that night that you let do a burnout in your car, THAT RIGHT THERE would have been the result, especially if alcohol was involved in any way.

I have been known to blow the spider gears out of a rearend doing burnouts. when doing burnouts make sure both wheels are spinning if they are not you are putting an insane amount of pressure on your spider gears, don't ask me how I know that.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:17 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

LOL, they were new tires too. Said he "didn't like them".
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

LOLOL awesome vid there ALK, that cobra did an awesome burnout, all it needed aat the end was one of the tires to blow LOL thats happend before :-)

as far as your sub par burnout, dont worry here is one i bogged down on in my old car....it was an auto too and i didnt know the TCS was on....how pathetic...my second burnout wasnt epic but it was better than my first :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkO8eBHm6s

Quick Reply: Whats the trick to burnouts with manual tranny