Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler deletes VS. MAC boomtube

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Default muffler deletes VS. MAC boomtube

right now i have a mac boomtube, and i am changing to a dual setup, but i can not find a driverside mac boomtube by itself, and i am not spending 400 for both sides... so i am wondering what is louder... muffler deletes or the mac boomtube? cause i can pic up muffler deletes both sides for like 80 bucks....
Old 04-11-2010, 08:41 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I would think deletes would be louder, but I wouldn't do that on a v6, no offense but it just won't sound good. I wouldn't even do deletes on my GT with the setup I have.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:19 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
I would think deletes would be louder, but I wouldn't do that on a v6, no offense but it just won't sound good. I wouldn't even do deletes on my GT with the setup I have.
well i got a pypes X pipe that deletes the cats for 50 buck off craigslist. so this is an experiment more or less... mac boomtubes are muffler deletes to... and i have that on my car and it sounds good.... so i am deleting the cats and the mufflers with an X pipe, and tossing some headers on it....
Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

You can try it, but my thought is that it will be loud and not sound good. Boomtubes do delete the mufflers, but they are kind of like a resonator too, so they do something to refine the sound.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I've done deletes on my 06 GT and am constantly getting compliments about the sound. However, I would admit that I think on a 6 the result will not be as dramatic. You should consider something that is designed to somehow improve the sound rather than just turn it loose...
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I've done deletes on my 06 GT and am constantly getting compliments about the sound. However, I would admit that I think on a 6 the result will not be as dramatic. You should consider something that is designed to somehow improve the sound rather than just turn it loose...
I like the idea of somehow enhancing the sound since i do have a 6... so mufflers possibly....? and do you think the cat deletes will sound alright?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Well...I cant say either way other than I suspect that you could make it louder and noisier without getting the sound you are looking for with what you have in mind. I'll equate this to an 89 Taurus I had. I was diagnosing a bad cylinder and for some reason, pulled the exhaust manifold off (just hanging inside the engine bay...) and you would have sworn that the 4 banger ran like a striped *** ape on fire. It was loud as hell. If you're looking to make it loud, deletes are the way to go and xpipe will make it even moreso I would suspect. But I still dont think you're going to get a specific deep throaty sound...maybe try looking on youtube cuz I know some guys have made their v6's sound really sweet and put vids there of it.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:30 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Well...I cant say either way other than I suspect that you could make it louder and noisier without getting the sound you are looking for with what you have in mind. I'll equate this to an 89 Taurus I had. I was diagnosing a bad cylinder and for some reason, pulled the exhaust manifold off (just hanging inside the engine bay...) and you would have sworn that the 4 banger ran like a striped *** ape on fire. It was loud as hell. If you're looking to make it loud, deletes are the way to go and xpipe will make it even moreso I would suspect. But I still dont think you're going to get a specific deep throaty sound...maybe try looking on youtube cuz I know some guys have made their v6's sound really sweet and put vids there of it.
yes yes i understand... i would love a deep throaty sound while i am at it, if i delete everything it is just going to be crazy loud which is what i want... but i want that deepness, after i find an overaxle pipe for the driverside, and 2 muffler deletes then i post up some vids so you guys can hear it... i have yet to find a 4.0 s197 with cat and muffler deletes WITH a pypes X pipe...