Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: gt emblem or not
Awesome idea!
4.44%
Dumbest thing ever!
95.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Lame or Like

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Instead of badging, maybe you should think of a custom license plate that reads:

GT Lite
GT JR
JST A V6
V6 SKOOL

or something like that.
Would get the smiles you desire, but not the laughs, taunts, and ricer looks you don't.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I like being the "underdog" that's why I WANT the V6. Rather pleasing to challenge myself and pass higher powered cars on the track.
Understandable. But wouldn't it be even more pleasing to boast that it's "only a V6" as you pass those cars?

I think thats great myself lol.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but european cars are still classified as imports. now had the term "ricer" been used, then you could have followed the discussion logically and rationally between ricer and tuner (two words that have a line between them)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
Instead of badging, maybe you should think of a custom license plate that reads:

GT Lite
GT JR
JST A V6
V6 SKOOL

or something like that.
Would get the smiles you desire, but not the laughs, taunts, and ricer looks you don't.
Eureka, license plate is a better way to handle this, I had not thought of that, thanks! I like your ideas of plate names. “V6 SKOOL” is kinda boastful if in fact I can generate the pace I’m hoping to, or are you saying it is as V6 S Kool” as in “is cool?” “JST A V6” I like!

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Understandable. But wouldn't it be even more pleasing to boast that it's "only a V6" as you pass those cars?

I think thats great myself lol.
Thanks, yep, see above

Originally Posted by sdsguy
correct me if i'm wrong, but european cars are still classified as imports. now had the term "ricer" been used, then you could have followed the discussion logically and rationally between ricer and tuner (two words that have a line between them)
Let’s discuss, shall we? Euro cars were in the US long before the “foreign imports” from Asia. European cars weren’t really referred to as imports or foreign because so many people were already aware of MGs, Alfas, Fiats, Porsche’s etc for so long … they were different, but not exactly foreign to us. “European sports cars” was sort of a catch all phrase, shortened to Euro’s. When Datsuns and Toyota’s starting “importing” cars en mass, those imports were more foreign to us, if you catch the nuance. So, absolutely you are correct, but those more accustomed to non US cars do distinguish a bit between “Euros” and “imports” (or foreign cars) and the meaning is understood, if not explicit.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTI-Guy
Eureka, license plate is a better way to handle this, I had not thought of that, thanks! I like your ideas of plate names. “V6 SKOOL” is kinda boastful if in fact I can generate the pace I’m hoping to, or are you saying it is as V6 S Kool” as in “is cool?” “JST A V6” I like!
No problem, glad I could help.
By "V6 Skool" I was meaning "school" as in, if you are going to be passing faster cars at the track, you'll let them know they were just taken to school by a V6.
Same goes with the "JST A V6".
I'm sure with 305 hp and 1/4 mile times of what appears like high 13's @ 101-102 mph, the V6 Mustang will run with or ahead of some V8 powered cars.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

What about putting together "3.7 GT"?

It leaves no question about what the engine is, and gives a little hint that the rest of the chassis might really be up to "full GT" level (for those that know, anyway). With engine size out in the open, I don't think there's any need to still hammer away on the "junior status" theme via lower case "gt".

Norm
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

GTI-Guy, I'm starting to see your reasoning & I must say, you have every right to badge your car as you see fit. How about like the early 80's Alfas? The GTV-6/2.5(remember that car?) You could have airbrushed on your fenders(or decklid) GTV-6/3.7, just a thought............
Old 04-13-2010, 05:23 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

From a fellow 6 owner, don't put gt on the car. I do like the license plate ideas and the jr. gt badge though.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a lame idea. If you want a GT, then go buy a '10 GT. If you're going to buy a V6, then just leave the "unique badging" Ford claims will be on the car with the Performance Package.

This is almost as retarded as people with the I4 Accord and putting the V6 badge on.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

I still like GT Lite or GT Light on the license plate... It reminds me of the old IMSA GTP Camel Lights Cars.

"Camel Lights" referred to a smaller displacement normally aspirated version of GTP sponsored by Camel. Is that not what the Perfomance Pkg V-6 will be? A smaller displacement version of the GT...

Last edited by Gene K; 04-13-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Lame or Like