Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRENSPEED/BAMA VS CONVENTIONAL TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

just keep it simple and go bama or brenspeed...like they said if u go heavily modified than get a shop to do it. I just got the jlt tuner combo from bama/american muscle for 529 and i would do it again...worth every penny. I wouldnt trust any of my local shops and risk it if their not well known
Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

the local guy will only give you the tune, not everything else. also my local guy could not get the code, from the jba lts, to stay off, one email to doug and $50 got rid of the code, BAMA FAN for life
Old 04-16-2010, 06:07 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I went Bama and am totally satisfied. Multiple tunes, hardware...it cant be beat if your planning mild mods.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SUP3R D4VE
how much was your tune and what kind of power did you get out of it?
I paid $200 for the one on my 1990 coupe & $225 for the one on my vette. I had work done with both these shops at the same time, if not it would have been a little more.

Like most have said, if you car has mild work, I would stay with Brenspeed/BAMA. I currently use Brenspeed for my 08 & love it! The tune + CAI that Brenspeed provides will make an instant noticeable difference!!! I also like the fact that I have an Xcal 3 so I can also adjust things like gear ratio, tire size, etc....I can't do that on my other cars. Good luck & have fun, sounds like you have the "mod" bug!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

By having the local shop do it, you don't get the tuner and you'll lose your stock tune, making it difficult down the road (no pun intended) to do additional tuning. Having the handheld also allows you to make adjustments to all of the user-adjustable parameters such as tire RPM's, rev limiter, timing and a host of others that you may need or want to adjust at some point.

Do it right; get a combo.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
By having the local shop do it, you don't get the tuner and you'll lose your stock tune, making it difficult down the road (no pun intended) to do additional tuning. Having the handheld also allows you to make adjustments to all of the user-adjustable parameters such as tire RPM's, rev limiter, timing and a host of others that you may need or want to adjust at some point.

Very good point. You will lose your stock tune by going to the local guy. You will have to go back to him everytime you add more mods and he will charge you. Buy it from brenspeed or bama and upgrades are free!!!! Brenspeed updated my tune after I bought 4.10 gears. Super easy, downloaded the email into the sct then plug it into the car. NO cost to me.

patrick
Old 04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
SUP3R D4VE
1st Gear Member

yeah thanks guys!! you all make very good points! I was leaning toward brenspeed anyway but i just wanted to get your guys' opinions. Thanks for everything, you all just help me make up my mind!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed has great custom tunes and excellent customer service!
I highly recommend them!
Good luck to you on your decision.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

I love my BAMA tune's. I carry my tuner with me in the car and it saved my butt late one night. I was almost out of gas and the only gas station open was out of premium gas. I flashed it back to the regular gas tune and was good to go. Also should I need to take it into the dealer I can remove my CAI and put the factory tune back on.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Very good point. You will lose your stock tune by going to the local guy. You will have to go back to him everytime you add more mods and he will charge you. Buy it from brenspeed or bama and upgrades are free!!!! Brenspeed updated my tune after I bought 4.10 gears. Super easy, downloaded the email into the sct then plug it into the car. NO cost to me.

patrick
Not entirely true. I use a local shop, have an "unlocked" hand-held tuner, and have my stock tune on it. I believe it all depends on the shop.

I do agree with others though.....for the basic CAI and tune, I'd use something like Bama or Brenspeed...and for more upgraded modifications like a Supercharger, I'd get a dyno tune.

Quick Reply: BRENSPEED/BAMA VS CONVENTIONAL TUNE