Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UDP install help, Please

Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Menes's GT
1st Gear Member

i tried using a pipe and broke the first one, then i tried a thicker gage pipe and still nothing, and yes im using my strength hahah, and now im going to my friends shop to use his impact wrench, and i was planning on taking out the fan but i didn't want to drain the overflow tank, did you have to?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
atomicpunk
1st Gear Member

Just pull the fan out, no you don't have to drain the coolant overflow. With the fan out of the way you have a ton more room to work and you can see what your doing.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well I reinstalled mine today, had it in forth gear, got it the extra 90 degrees with no issue. If the car isnt moving, the bolt isnt moving, and your pushing on the bar.... you just need to push harder. I did it with just my half inch wrench. With a breaker bar it shouldnt be that bad.

As for the res, no need to drain, pull the two bolts, lay it on the driver side near the intake.
Pull one bolt from the power steering res, lay in same spot.
Theres two screws in the fan and one electrical connector. The screws are near the top on the back side. Pull those, then the lower half slides into some fingers that hold it. Its amazing how much space you get with that out.