Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound deadening installed

Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Default Sound deadening installed

I pulled the trigger last week and ordered from raamaudio.com. I had enough to do the doors and the trunk. When I researched this subject I found that it was going to be time consuming. When I did my install it wasnt that bad. A couple of hours to do the doors and maybe a 45 minutes to do the trunk. I padded the doors really good. U can surely tell a huge difference in sound quality with the shaker 500. Sounds so much better. As for highway noise. I can tell a little bit but i havent really been on it enough to give a better judgement. I have yet to do the rear seats which will be my next project.

Was it worth it yea b/c it wasnt as time consuming as others have posted and the cost for raammat was fairly priced. I know some people say why the heck would u sound deaden a mustang. And i say this! We use my car to take vacations all the time. When you are buzzing down the interstate and all u hear is the damn tires. It gets old. Now for an everyday car I would still do this b/c like a said before it truly helps with the sound quality of the radio.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

I did about 10 square feet of Dynamat in mine. Didn't notice much of a difference. I did the entire rear seat area, half of the trunk, the rear floor area and part of the doors.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
KeneticEnergy
2nd Gear Member

raammat is great stuff; i used it in my previous vehicle and will be doing the same to the s197
Old 05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Pics would be nice.....I've got 36 sq feet of it sitting in a box and ready to go for my GT. I figure trunk first, then work towards the cabin till I run out of material. I intend to eventually do both doors, trunk lid, trunk and entire cabin including the ceiling when time and enough Dynamat allow.

I'd love to see pics and hear how others went.

Andretti
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I did 100sqft in my 67, would consider it in the 06 aswell
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

that stuff don't work, I installed carpet *way better then any sound control*from behind the front seats and expected to be silent but I really couldn't tell the difference
Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I had thought about taking pics but there are two really good write ups for this. Very easy and i guess some people say there is a difference and some say there isnt. U have to keep in mind that this isnt going to block out all noise. But a little bit helps. For those of you who have put this in your car u may want to put more in trouble areas like the doors and rear seats. I have a lot in the doors.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
KeneticEnergy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LS WHAT
that stuff don't work, I installed carpet *way better then any sound control*from behind the front seats and expected to be silent but I really couldn't tell the difference
sound dampening material is not designed to create a "silent" interior; it is made in mind to reduce vibration, improve sound quality, and insulate.

RAAM audio should still have their closed cell foam that cuts down on outside noise
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
Pics would be nice.....I've got 36 sq feet of it sitting in a box and ready to go for my GT. I figure trunk first, then work towards the cabin till I run out of material. I intend to eventually do both doors, trunk lid, trunk and entire cabin including the ceiling when time and enough Dynamat allow.

I'd love to see pics and hear how others went.

Andretti
From something I read before, they say the priority list should be doors, floor, back seat area, then trunk, in order of effectiveness. Not sure how much it matters though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sound deadening installed