Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 gauges with frpp whipple h.o.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

Default 3 gauges with frpp whipple h.o.?

i recently installed my frpp whipple h.o. what gauges are recommended for this set-up? i bought the dash pod that holds 3 gauges. also i would really like to know where i can learn to download some pics to my threads and posts? no one i know can show me!!

Last edited by 07vbluestang; 05-09-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I personally have 1 analog boost gauge and two Aeroforce gauges. I recommend anyone running boost to at least have a boost gauge so you know how much boost you're really running. the Aeroforce gauges are great since then you can see any sensor that the ECU can see. I mainly watch fuel pressure, timing, IAT's and coolant temps on my Aeroforce gauges. I also have them set up as shift lights, sooner or later I'll take out the exhaust and weld on a bung for the wideband O2 and add that to the Aeroforce gauges.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Gauges are something I haven't really gotten into but one I would like is one of those digital A/F readout setups which you can set up to run at different colours dependent on value so you don't have to keep watching it.
Boost is ok but after you watched it a few times it gets old and besides, when you're on full boost you really should be watching the road instead of fawning over your boost level LOL

I do have a Dashhawk though and I usually leave it displaying Coolant and Intake temps. That is very handy...
Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

+1 on the Aeroforce gauges. I have two and an electronic boost sensor that displays on the gauge. I'd fill two spots with those and put a wideband in the third.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

A manual boost/vac gauge and aeroforce gauge is all i have. The aeroforce interceptor gauge is great, because you can record whatever two parameter you want during a wot run. I periodically check fuel pressure and timing using it. I like to watch my fuel trims as well. I think i'm getting more than 10% ethanol sometimes based on the fuel trims at idle, after each fill up.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:41 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Gauges are something I haven't really gotten into but one I would like is one of those digital A/F readout setups which you can set up to run at different colours dependent on value so you don't have to keep watching it.
Boost is ok but after you watched it a few times it gets old and besides, when you're on full boost you really should be watching the road instead of fawning over your boost level LOL

I do have a Dashhawk though and I usually leave it displaying Coolant and Intake temps. That is very handy...
Of course you need to watch the road, that's true of any gauge boost is good to keep an eye on in case something changes, like the one guy with the clogged cats that had his motor blow. If he had his eye on a boost gauge he may have been able to let off the gas in time.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

i am leaning toward a/f, boost and fuel pressure!!! maybe a light telling me that my i/c pump is working!!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
Of course you need to watch the road, that's true of any gauge boost is good to keep an eye on in case something changes, like the one guy with the clogged cats that had his motor blow. If he had his eye on a boost gauge he may have been able to let off the gas in time.
Catching that boost spike and getting out the gas was impossible, it was pretty much an instantaneous event.
Each to his own, and as I said I'm no great fan of the sea of gauges you see cluttering up so many cockpits, but I honestly consider the boost gauge to be one of those things most folk have to look good for passengers
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

2 Aeroforce and 1 analog vac/boost gauge. I still plan on adding the wideband to the Aeroforce gauge sometime.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

i just installed a saleen and i got a/f wideband, boost, and fuel pressure. i love those aeroforce gauges!! makes me want to sell mine and switch!!

Quick Reply: 3 gauges with frpp whipple h.o.?