Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice plz....ticket

Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

Default Advice plz....ticket

ok so im very discouraged right now because i just got my first speeding ticket. Im 20 and on my 3rd stang. I love buying new stuff for it and going fast but should i give it up. Reason why is I read about most peoples runs and doing like 95mph but where i live the speed limit is 35 on the highway and 55 leaving my city. I got a ticket cruising at 67 in the 55 zone. The closest drags strip is like 3 hours away and this is my daily driver so modding it to go to the drag strip like once a year seems pointless. I want to be able to enjoy it when i want. And i know this is only one ticket but the news said the state troopers were gonna be hangin around my area for awhile to crack down on speeders and in my little stretch i seen 4 troopers today....usually u see like one a month. Any opinions or advice please. Should i just give up on the stang for now being in college and part time job and just wait till im a little older and have loads of cash to spend on one? Also i know a cop who told me to go to the district attorney of the county i got pulled over in and ask them to reduce the ticket to 9mph and then pay the ticket and since its my first one they will not report it to my insurance....is this true or should i just get a lawyer?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Best advice I can offer is consult an attorney, If you don't want to take any points and risk the insurance hike, which I'm sure is already stupid since you're 20 and have a Mustang GT, a lawyer is your best bet. Most lawyers take on simple speeding tickets for around $100. You can probably get it reduced to something stupid like "Illegal parking" (a non-moving violation, so no points), and pay a slighter higher fine. Your happy, because your insurance doesn't go up, your lawyer is happy because he just made $100 for just making a few phone calls, and the township you got your ticket in is happy because they just milked you for more money to improve roads, or buy school children books.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

12 over? In Illinois it's about 100 bucks out of pocket, and 4 hours of traffic safety school. Just dont get 3 in a year. 2 = 8 hour traffic safety class, 3 = suspension.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Don't give it up. For me, the fun of these cars is working on them and making them your own. I'm no expert, but it doesn't change the thrill and satisfaction I get out of owning a Mustang. I would just slow it down, and enjoy knowing the fact that your car is awesome.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

grow ***** and pay the damn thing.....
Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

pay the ticket
keep the mustang
race on the track only
feel lucky that you even have a track that you can drive to, bc where i live we have none.
if i had a track that was 3 hours away, i would drive there.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I got a ticket last year for a 77 in a 50. I got a lawyer who wanted 400 up front and he then took care of it. Horn not working so it was a non moving violation. The ticker and court cost were like 175. So if i were u i would go to the track atleast once a month. Grab a lawyer and get him to settle for you. I have heard that trying to get a ticket reduced urself is nearly impossible unless u know someone. But it may differ in other counties. Dont do the defensive driving thing since u r only 20 b/c you are certainly going to get another ticket
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by howarmat
grow ***** and pay the damn thing.....
well said!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Put on a suit & tie and show up for court. Some times if the cop doesn't show the judge will dismiss the ticket. Worth a try.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
the township you got your ticket in is happy because they just milked you for more money to improve roads, or buy school children books.
More like helped pay for their retirement. I've had 3 tickets in 5 years of driving and I have no points on my license. I've payed for a noise violation(40mph over/unsafe pass) $150 had my lawyer go for me, parking violation(10mph over) $30 no lawyer, and most recently parking violation(unsafe lane change) $50 no lawyer. If you can't afford a lawyer your best bet is since it's your first offense just ask the prosecutor for no points. He'll probably give you traffic school but it saves you from insurance hikes so it's worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice plz....ticket