Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust- who's gone loud and come back to quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I like to keep my passengers guessing...they're always like 'is your exhaust quieter now??' all confused....'I used to be able to hear you coming from four blocks away'

I found a nice mellow setup (catted H, pypes mid mufflers). It's quiet at part/mid throttle and really opens up when you get on it. That's how I like it. Loud isn't better, that's for sure.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

sounds like one of you guys need the roush off-roads....FTW! (vid below)
https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...cs-inside.html
Old 05-22-2010, 12:27 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Stingers were giving me a headache, so I switched to the KR and never looked back.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:50 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

I love my Corsa axle-backs. Nice tone, noticeable but not irritating, roars on open throttle. Put 'em on and never looked back.

Last edited by shockme76; 05-22-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I have had stock, Stingers, Bullitt, Magnaflow, KR'S, GTA's, Flowmaster, My favs are the GTA's! Second KR's! STINGERS TERRIBLE DRONE!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gman73
There is an exhaust clip sticky: https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s...nd-thread.html

Almost every mustang forum has an exhaust sticky.

yes found it too. thanks.

still have yet to find clips of the flowmasters... perhaps the 60 series?? does anyone even have these? I think the 40's may be too loud and perhaps the 60's are just right?

I only think flowmaster as I had a set on my 89 5.0 and they were perfect.. of course I was 18 then lol.....
Old 07-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I just had a big install done.
Gears, Cams, BBK long tubes, BBK high flow catted x pipe.

My loudmouths were perfect with stock exhaust.

Now my car is louder than a Atom bomb going off in a garage-covered city.

I love the loudness but they do crack and pop quite a bit now and also are'nt as deep as I want. Before the loud matched the deep... now the loud overcomes the deep.

So I am looking for perhaps a TAD bit quieter now.... with a deeper tone.
I just spent a crapload of money though...and I cant find any straight through muffler designs used on forums. I'm looking for the coke can shaped muffler.

I am guessing it will add some lower tone while at the same time quieting it down a tad since the loudmouths are nothing but pipe.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:20 PM
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

I love my Stingers...They were on my '07 and It absolutely made my year when installed them on my '10 when they fit and sounded perfect. The Stingers listed for the new body style are a different part # and 680 bucks. I personally like the drone, my first Mustang was a new edge GT with glasspacks, so this setup is still tame compared to them.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 PM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

MAC Axleback on my '10 GT... they have a nice throaty sound to them. I think my old 98 2V was the best exhaust I have ever heard though - MAC Long Tubes, into a custom 3 inch off road H pipe into Flowmaster 40 series. I think the mid-muffler stangs sound way better than the axle-back mufflers on the newer stangs
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I like to keep my passengers guessing...they're always like 'is your exhaust quieter now??' all confused....'I used to be able to hear you coming from four blocks away'

I found a nice mellow setup (catted H, pypes mid mufflers). It's quiet at part/mid throttle and really opens up when you get on it. That's how I like it. Loud isn't better, that's for sure.
thats an interesting set up.. I wonder how it'll sound like with the stock mufflers out back as well??

Mine is so quiet as it is, all you can hear is the whistling of the Vortech at idle, and it spooling... at WOT, it sounds like I have a big *** turbo, not a supercharger lol

Thank god the cut outs are still in place.. sometimes I need to open them up just to cause a ruckus!

Quick Reply: exhaust- who's gone loud and come back to quiet?