Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:22 AM
NJMustangGT
1st Gear Member

Default Help!!

Just installed a stage 2 prochager tuner kit with a lethal performance stage 2 fuel system, and ht0 spark plugs. I put everything in and started the car. The car starts and then shuts off with in 5 sec. When it is on for that short amount of time it idles really rough, and shakes a bit. Does anyone know why? Did i do something wrong? please help me
Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NJMustangGT
Just installed a stage 2 prochager tuner kit with a lethal performance stage 2 fuel system, and ht0 spark plugs. I put everything in and started the car. The car starts and then shuts off with in 5 sec. When it is on for that short amount of time it idles really rough, and shakes a bit. Does anyone know why? Did i do something wrong? please help me

If you haven't tuned for the new pumps that's most likely the issue. Anytime you put a different pump in you need to make sure to tune for it's specific voltage table and PIDS or the car won't run right. It's because your PCM doesn't now how to run/handle those pumps properly. I highly suggest having a reputable tuner put a tune on the car. I'm sure once that's done it's going to idle/drive and perform great.

Jared