Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has the time come?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default Has the time come?

I am asking your advice....

I have 4.......FOUR.....friggin' cars.

Let's just say it was time to let one go....which would you part with if you had these three that crowd my driveway?

I am leaning towards the GT500. I have not let myself get overly emotionally-attached to it (I think...)

I mean, there is reasonable....and then....there is me. My insurance alone on these babies would nearly make a new 5.0 payment! :O

And not only that....but one stang must sit outside now......that's despicable. I alternate the termette and skunk....but I get so uneasy about it. I can't add onto the house.

Or just sell all 3 to prevent favortism?

Perhaps I am just having a crisis. Yes, I think I am. :-/
Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

the gt? i mean meh its a gt ill trade you my gt for ur gt500 fair deal right?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I am leaning towards the GT500.
yep the gt500 has got to go.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Hate to give it a "+1" to sell the gt500 but, I agree. You seem to like driving the other two much more. Your gt500 is low mileage and could be sought after by someone.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:06 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

SaddleUp, I don't know the details behind each of your cars, but it probably comes down to whichever one you are least attached to. Of course, it might make sense to sell whichever one you have done the least amount of mods too as well....just thinking out loud, since we never get the money back from our mods, this would probably result in "losing less" sorta speak.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 PM
MR_Q
1st Gear Member

I have 4.... FOUR friggin cars as well... Not including my "projects", or my company truck. Granted, mine arent exactly of the same caliber as yours, but I can somewhat relate to your dilemma. I mean, a rusty bronco isnt really comparable to a GT500, lol.

I dont really know what the climate is like in Virginia, but are you generally able to drive them all year round? If so, you have one for Spring, Summer, and Fall.. Keep only one plated per season... it saves on insurance. If you do it that way, maybe you can rent a storage space to keep one it until its season of duty comes up? If you only have one plated at a time, it will also solve the dilemma of you having to choose which one to drive at any given time.... You will drive the one thats currently plated.

The catch (for me, anyway) is that you have to pay for the full insurance up front, as opposed to doing it monthly. Its a bigger payment, but its cheaper in the long run. I keep my Mustang plated all year round (which I may change), my Bronco plated all year round (I may also change that) and my GMC and Camaro havent been plated for 2 + years. Last time I had the Camaro on the road, I had it from June until October, and it cost 190 dollars. It may all be much different where you live, though.... I just hate to see someone sell a beloved car.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I would probably say the gt500, just because I'm not a big fan of the color scheme, I know it's rare, but it's not my first choice. That said, I would miss the intense supercharger whine, god I love that sound...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

All things considered, I agree the GT500 seems to be the one to go. Nice Termis are rare, and you are clearly very attached to the white one. I know for me, leaving any of them outside would drive me nuts. It would be worth it for me to ditch one in your situation just for sanity sake.

FWIW, what I have done for years when I have too many cars for the garage, is rent a storage unit close to home. The one I kept the Mustang in was literally 2 minutes away, but cost me $160/month. It also was an enormous pain in the ***. I'd have to swap the car I drove over there out with the stang from the unit, etc. It wouldn't be as bad for you probably if you just rotated them, lol. I never daily drove my mustang, so I always had to go back and get my Jeep at the end of the day.

Last edited by Mudflap; 06-01-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
07torchgt
2nd Gear Member

If you're not attached I would say the gt500 too. And like the others said, someone else will get joy from that.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

whats your fourth car? I know you have a gt,gt500,and a terminator.

Quick Reply: Has the time come?