Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the '11 v6 owners? Reviews, 1/4 mile, modability?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
r00st
1st Gear Member

Default Where are all the '11 v6 owners? Reviews, 1/4 mile, modability?

I am working a crappy job (thanks economy, my new bachelors degree got me REAL far!) and just bought a house so I have NEGATIVE money left over at the end of the month.

Hoping the economy turns around and I can actually find a decent CAREER soon my first purchase once stable will be a new mustang. I have been a mustang fan for life (still cry a little when I see terminators drive by, knowing I dont own one). I Have been pimping out an SVT Focus for the last 6 years and she has served me well but I need my power fix in a DD.

I love the idea of a base GT for 30k...but the specs on the V6 are actually pretty tempting coming in at 23k base price.

Who in here has driven one or purchased one? Being that both the 3.7 and the 5.0 have really high CR's, im wondering how well they will take to FI.... I would not be putting FI on the 5.0 if I got one but the 3.7 would def need something in order for it to satisfy my power needs.

Has anyone seen dyno's of a v6 with any mods (exhaust/tune even?). Seems like the 5.0 is smothering all the v6 info as I cannot find anything relevant on google besides the initial info that everyone already knows.

Being a DD and not wanting to risk warranty the 5.0 with bolt ons seems like the way to go, but im hoping someone knows something about the 3.7's response to mods. If it responds well, it would be a nice package of HP, Fuel economy and price.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by r00st
I am working a crappy job (thanks economy, my new bachelors degree got me REAL far!) and just bought a house so I have NEGATIVE money left over at the end of the month.

Hoping the economy turns around and I can actually find a decent CAREER soon my first purchase once stable will be a new mustang. I have been a mustang fan for life (still cry a little when I see terminators drive by, knowing I dont own one). I Have been pimping out an SVT Focus for the last 6 years and she has served me well but I need my power fix in a DD.

I love the idea of a base GT for 30k...but the specs on the V6 are actually pretty tempting coming in at 23k base price.

Who in here has driven one or purchased one? Being that both the 3.7 and the 5.0 have really high CR's, im wondering how well they will take to FI.... I would not be putting FI on the 5.0 if I got one but the 3.7 would def need something in order for it to satisfy my power needs.

Has anyone seen dyno's of a v6 with any mods (exhaust/tune even?). Seems like the 5.0 is smothering all the v6 info as I cannot find anything relevant on google besides the initial info that everyone already knows.

Being a DD and not wanting to risk warranty the 5.0 with bolt ons seems like the way to go, but im hoping someone knows something about the 3.7's response to mods. If it responds well, it would be a nice package of HP, Fuel economy and price.
I would love to see a turbo kit for the V6, that would make for an awesome little sleeper car!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

you could get a 10gt right now for about 22k easily, I believe they even have 0% interest for 72 months.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Nobody really knows about how the 3.7 responds to mods yet, the V6 section is pretty much dead regarding the 2011 mod capability.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

I've had my 11 v6 for about a week now, just under 1k miles now. Its quite capable, I love the look and feel of it. I drive 40miles to work and it is quite comfortable as a daily driver.

Keep it below 4k on the tach and it is a smooth comfortable ride, get revving closer to the redline and it starts to become a monster.

As far as mods go, I'm curious myself. I'm sure we will start to see something soon and what the motor is capable of.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Get an 06ish GT for 14-15K and have a BLAST!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by r00st
(still cry a little when I see terminators drive by, knowing I dont own one)
I think we all do my friend
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Some of you will remember I was one if not the first to mod a 2010 v6 back in may of last year I even helped demolet pioneer fitment of their 2010 systems, anyways I just bought a 2011 Tuesday picked it up Wed afternoon I got it for invoice+holdback $21,998 along with 1450 in rebates plus the 0%-36 fordcredit financing out the door taxes/tag and with a 5year 75000 mile gas&go plan $17000 total financed*
I got screwed on my trade getting only $6700 for my 06 vista blue 5-speed manual with 103,000 but the 0% saved a lot in finance charges and knowing the 0% was going away made me pull the trigger.
Mods so far ordered a set of 20" TSW Mondago polished wheels in 20X8.5" 20mm offset*aggressive for sure* which will be on sometime next week going 255/35/20 or 265/35/20 on tire size prob hankook or falken, got an adjustable panhard bar and tein s-tech springs with camber bolts to lower it should be right at 1" in front 2" in back for an even stance should be about the same as my white 2010 was stance wise I'm hoping the 4mm less in offset helps push the wheels right to the edge of the fender for that flush not hella flush but flush look
I can tell you that cruising along the car is very smooth and handles bumps dips very well much quieter inside then even the 2010 and the engine is way smoother at idle&accel exhaust is way to quiet even my wife says she can't hear it when just cruising you really have to wind it out past 3500 to even get audible noise that being said man once you wind it up hold on because this v6 goes
Can't comment on gas mileage yet after I run a few tanks I will, as for mods I am getting custom mufflers put on later today/tom and will be posting a sound clip on youtube shortly after.
I cut down the factory ant already and will be adding the following to the exterior polished billet grilles upper&lower, headlight splitters*waiting on the correct paint code confirmation for ingot silver before buying* chrome door handle covers, roush side splitters, window tint, gt500 lower rear diffuser, custom flat black paint on the powerdome the fuel door and trunk/license plate area*going to have this done at a body shop* I also really want those stripes that come on the mca package hopefully ford will release them or someone will copy them. I also have red caliper paint.
Interior mods are for the moment a set of billet pedals a dead pedal and when I can get it a shift *****not sure on availability because on the 2011 manuals you have to push down and over/up to shift into reverse* I might try looking at other import shift ***** I know my 350z used pushing down to get reverse. Anyways that's pretty much it the car is the base base no spoiler no stripes nothing just 6mt ingot silver/black int 2.73 rear end*I wanna go either 3.55 or 3.73's eventually I figure that alone should really help wake up the car for those that are curious at 65 indicated cruise on a level highway rpms are only 1700.

Last edited by 3.73-11; 06-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Looking forward to seeing your tasteful mods.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM
juicedup20
1st Gear Member

4literv6: Post pics of the progress. I've seen no custom 2011's just yet excited to see and here feedback.

Quick Reply: Where are all the '11 v6 owners? Reviews, 1/4 mile, modability?