Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No mark up on the 5.0 huh...wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Default No mark up on the 5.0 huh...wrong!

Not to say I told you so...but just wanted to post this so all y'all who thought there would be no additional mark up on the new '11 5.0 would realize... I understand that people are getting them at or below sticker, but some dealers are adding mark up! Same thing happened with the GT500s.

It's the new "IT" car...and Ford is releasing them slowly, making it seem as though they are more rare than they are. This leads to dealers adding mark up because they are "hard to get."

If you'll look closely, you'll notice there is an ADM (additional dealer markup) of $1983! Sorry for the shadow..it was taken with my phone.

Last edited by distantsoldier; 06-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

It happens. You just have to make them aware of other dealers where you can buy it for less. Of course they're going to shop around for suckers.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I don't know how well this would go over as I've never tried it, but I'd just tell them that the dealer markup is a complete deal killer and I'd 100% for sure buy the car IF that is removed. If they still say no, just say "fine" and start to walk out. Maybe they'll be like, "oh snap he's serious...WAIT maybe we can work something out!"
Old 06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Ohh I'm sure that you could have them drop it...they'll act like they're giving you a "big deal" by removing it!

I just posted this because before the car was out and everyone was talking and putting in their .02, they were saying that there would be NO WAY it would have a markup because it was just a GT... The GT500s had mark up, the Challengers had mark up, the Camaros had mark up (the SS and SRT8 being their equivelent to the GT)...now the '11 GT 5.0 is out, and it too has mark up...
Old 06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

others didnt have to pay the markup and got them around invoice. Shop around.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yep, shopping around is how you do it anyways.
It could be a total different deal from one dealer to another.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

What could possibly make you think there wouldn't be a mark up of some kind? If the dealer could get an extra $2K from some one, why wouldn't they? You know there are pwople out there willing to pay it, just so thay can have the first one in the area.

If you were selling your car, and some one offered you $2K over your asking price, would you say, "No"?

It's the law of supply and demand. If you have the supply, you can demand whatever you want.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
others didnt have to pay the markup and got them around invoice. Shop around.
Originally Posted by pascal
Yep, shopping around is how you do it anyways.
It could be a total different deal from one dealer to another.
NOTE: I'm not trading my GT500 in for a 5.0, just wanted to share this information. Like I posted at the top...I know people have gotten them with no mark up, some even below sticker.

It really urked me though when people were getting rude about their opinion that there would be no mark up, spreading incorrect information like it was law. This is the second dealership I've been at that had an ADM...
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

I found that living in NY, it's more difficult to get the kind of deals some others have been getting especially where I am (Long Island). Found out when I went shopping for my '10.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Much ado over nothing. We marked up GT500's in '07 when they were on fire, and sold them as such. Now, we've got a '11 GT500 with the SVT package listed on eBay you can buy for $1,000 over invoice.

Can't blame a place for trying!

Although, on the Finance end, it's easier to finance them when they are marked down.

Quick Reply: No mark up on the 5.0 huh...wrong!