Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Cost

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Default Wheel Cost

This might seem like a stupid question but anyway, here it goes.

I'm a car newbie but have a bunch of interest and want to definitely gain some knowledge. Just recently I pulled the trigger on a 2011 Mustang GT Prem. and I although the default rims on the GT are nice, I'm thinking that I'll want to play around and customize my car to really make it mine.

So getting around to the real question here, I'm wondering what a good price per wheel would be on a good quality wheel that won't end up rusting, corroding, or anything like that.

To give an idea of something I'm thinking about, I was looking at the black 2010 saleen style wheels, I happened to find them on American Muscle.

Thanks for all advice in advance!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:14 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

it varies. you can get a set for under 400 of ebay that are reasonably good or you can pay 800 per wheel too

anything from AM should be good quality if taken care of
Old 06-27-2010, 06:48 PM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

Since you're a car newb, let me share some advice with you. I've owned 55 cars and if there's one thing I've learned about cars in all these years it's this. NOTHING makes or breaks a car like it's wheels. Take your time and shop until you find the exact look you want. Then make sure that your selection looks good on your specific year and color by viewing photos of other people's cars beforehand. Just because you fell in love with the wheels you saw on the new challenger doesn't mean they will look good on YOUR mustang. Another area of great importance is the finish of the wheel not just the design. Chrome wheels really pop on gloss black or deep blue cars but silver cars might look better with a satin or gray finish. This is not an area to be cheap. Buy the nicest wheels you can afford and every time you walk up to your car you will have a big grin on your face. Isn't that what it's all about? Wheels are a major expense so take your time.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

my foose nitrous wheels, with mounting, balancing, nitto nt555 tires, staggered, and w/lugs was around 2,000 dollars
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
I've owned 55 cars
thats a joke right? that seems extremley excessive!

anyways, to the OP, it really depends on the brand and the tires, obviously if you get from a replica company then you should be great!, buying from saleen will make your wallet feel like it was just punched in the nuts. and tires are big on cost as well. it all depends on what you want cause as said, shoes make the car. you could try cruizenconcepts... havent heard much from then recentley too though, they had a couple problems with black chrome a while back and then they sort of fell off the face of MF forever.