Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got into a car wreck

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 06:18 PM
luis05gt
1st Gear Member

Unhappy just got into a car wreck

i need some advice right now am nervous because she didnt have a license but she said she had insurance this is what happen we both had green i was goin straight and she was turning she was suppose to yield the right away but she didnt these were her exact words followed by mine (her=what happen i had the green light ) (me=no **** u had green so did i your suppose to yield the right away) so i tried contacting her insurance office but its closed now i have to wait till monday to talk to them i never even heard of her insurance have any of u guys heard about an insurance called accc insurace company ill try to get some picture in a little bit man i cant even think straight right now i loved that car so many memories
Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Ronn
1st Gear Member

is your state a no fault state?
did you get a police report?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
desertdog

Default Sorry to hear about this....

Hope you are OK. I Googled the name of the insurance company and it does apparently exist. It's out of Houston. Some advice: They will want to record your statement when you call. If not right away, they will cal you back after they hear from her.

Make sure you let them know that YOU had the right-of-way, as she was turning. Make sure they know that she didn;t have her license. Practice your responses to what you think they will ask (pretty obvious questions) and make it clear in EACH response that you did NOTHING wrong and that it was totally her fault. If she admitted ANYTHING that she did was wrong at the scene, let them know that. If she appologized, tell them that! It shows that she is admitting some guilt.

Also makle it clear that you were NOT distracted. They will ask if you were on a cell phone call, eating, etc..

Let them know that your car now has diminished value and that they need to accomodate that.

Also call your insurance and let them know what happened. And that it was NOT your fault. You will want them to put some pressure on her insurance company to get this paid.

Hang in there. You are apparently OK so that is the good news. You will have another Mustang. You will NOT have another you.

Let us know how this goes.

Takke care,

Desert Dog
Old 07-10-2010, 06:35 PM
luis05gt
1st Gear Member

i live in texas am not sure if it is but i have to pick up the report in a few days she tried using her passenger as a witness if i wouldnt of told the cop it would of worked for her i actually had a witness that wasnt in my car hopefully everything works out fine the tow truck guy said it was totaled heres some pictures but there not that good
http://img693.imageshack.us/i/0710101629.jpg/
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/0710101633.jpg/
hers doesnt look as bad cause it just jumped my bumper and hit me with the bottom of her truck
Old 07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Always, Always, ALWAYS get a police report. Without it, it's just your word against hers. Also, if she did not have a license, that would go on the report as well.

My daughter and wife were both hit recently. My wife did not get a police report and it caused us some problems. My daughter did get one and all was good.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
xoxomattyo
1st Gear Member

Man that's terrible. I agree with practicing answering the questions. Just make sure all your answers are well thought out. In my experience it goes along way just being level headed and clear with your answers, that is until she starts trying to blame you.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I would have choked her.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
luis05gt
1st Gear Member

I would have choked her.
i got out the car with my hands up but when i walked up to her car she had kids with her so i calmed myself down but man eighter way am coming out screwed if they fix it my title is gonna say wrecked if they total it i just lost my dream car
Old 07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Your title wont change unless they total it out. I wouldnt worry too much just yet. Calm down and see how things play out. Its probably not as bad as you think.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

+1 I agree with above. Your nerves are toast right now. Dont make any decisions!

Quick Reply: just got into a car wreck