Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad a@# gt500

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 AM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Retro06MustangGT500
they look like godspeed omega or tsw's no sure though
They looked like Omegas from a distance, but I think they're TSWs, as least that's what it looks like on the still frame at the end of the video. I just can't really tell. Sweet ride though.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

love the sound of that blower!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Want an eye opener?? This IS the mustang I was referring to on page one where I kinda remembered some bad things about it.

Read http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...advice-474744/ for an eye opener.

What bothered me most about this whole story was that not only did a 'mustang guy' sell it to another 'mustang guy' but the original owner didnt have the ***** to just admit how it was treated up front and tried to hide all the abuse he put it through (which was substantial). There isnt a person I know who, if I ever decided to sell my GT, wouldnt likely JUMP on my car if I gave them the opportunity. Because they know I treat it phenominally and dont run the **** out of it.

Admire the video all you want. But have the sack to be honest about the way you treated the car or at least the shape its in if your trying to sell it. Unfortunately, the original owner was 1000X a tool and didnt at all.

Andretti
Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
Now I apologize in advance if I have this wrong (and its certainly a possibility), but this mustang and video look pretty familar. Now that I look more, I'm pretty sure this is the same guy (original owner) as the video is listed under 'dgussin' and that was almost certainly the guy I remember from the thread as the original owner.

I seem to recall on another site where a guy talked about buying a GT500 from a guy who claimed it was 'slightly used, but never abused' kinda deal a few years ago. Even though there were a few 'question marks' over the purchase, the new owner did end up taking ownership of the car....only over the next few months he found more and more evidence that the car had been absolutely abused beyond any sort of level that most could imagine. The new owner ended up doing more and more searches through youtube and the like and found TONS of videos of the car just getting the crap wrung out of it....and of course when contacted, the original owner denied it all and did (again from what I remember) not end up living to his end of the bargin (once realizing his claims to never abusing the car and 'nothing being wrong with it were totally proven false) by promising to address and help the new owner cover some of the cost of stuff he 'covered up and hid' (huge transmission problems, rear end problems, etc) from the purchaser by lieing and misleading him over the problems the car did actually have.

I'll try to dig around and see if I can find it....but I do know the color and the stripes of this GT500 are the same as the one sold to this other guy a year or two ago that was a complete screwing.

I'm not sure if the story I mention rings any bells, but feel free to 'correct me' if I'm mistaken or just flat wrong. I just remember reading a very long thread about the trials and tribulations the new owner ended up going through because he had always wanted to own his 'dream car' when the original owner who sold it TOTALLY and COMPLETELY screwed the purchaser over. I think the sale took place somewhere around chicago if that rings any bells for anyone.....

Andretti
This is not meant to rub anything in anyones face but this is exactly the reason I always purchase new cars as opposed to used. I have a buddy with an 06gt and the car is mint in appearance but the guy absolutely hammers on the poor thing.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I totally feel the same way...you just dont know what kind of total idiot might have previously owned the car or how it might have been treated. Low miliage might make it seem better, but lets face it, that still doesnt reflect the 2500 trips down the 1/4 strip where the car was hammered and speed shifted and all the other fun things...

Andretti
Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member

damn, so propley the driver in the video is the original owner
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I think its funny when someone says ADULT DRIVEN at the end of their ad when selling there car. I always think to myself hmmmm....
Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
Now I apologize in advance if I have this wrong (and its certainly a possibility), but this mustang and video look pretty familar. Now that I look more, I'm pretty sure this is the same guy (original owner) as the video is listed under 'dgussin' and that was almost certainly the guy I remember from the thread as the original owner.

I seem to recall on another site where a guy talked about buying a GT500 from a guy who claimed it was 'slightly used, but never abused' kinda deal a few years ago. Even though there were a few 'question marks' over the purchase, the new owner did end up taking ownership of the car....only over the next few months he found more and more evidence that the car had been absolutely abused beyond any sort of level that most could imagine. The new owner ended up doing more and more searches through youtube and the like and found TONS of videos of the car just getting the crap wrung out of it....and of course when contacted, the original owner denied it all and did (again from what I remember) not end up living to his end of the bargin (once realizing his claims to never abusing the car and 'nothing being wrong with it were totally proven false) by promising to address and help the new owner cover some of the cost of stuff he 'covered up and hid' (huge transmission problems, rear end problems, etc) from the purchaser by lieing and misleading him over the problems the car did actually have.

I'll try to dig around and see if I can find it....but I do know the color and the stripes of this GT500 are the same as the one sold to this other guy a year or two ago that was a complete screwing.

I'm not sure if the story I mention rings any bells, but feel free to 'correct me' if I'm mistaken or just flat wrong. I just remember reading a very long thread about the trials and tribulations the new owner ended up going through because he had always wanted to own his 'dream car' when the original owner who sold it TOTALLY and COMPLETELY screwed the purchaser over. I think the sale took place somewhere around chicago if that rings any bells for anyone.....

Andretti
I remember exactly what you are talking about. I also remember seeing a video on that same strip of road with another Stang in the past.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shonole
Can anyone tell what wheels those are? They look good!

And the driver should be beaten!
They are CCW SP500 rims

Last edited by MELLOWYELLOW06; 07-21-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Quick Reply: bad a@# gt500