Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DROVE A NEW 2011 5.0 TONIGHT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
onegoal
Banned

So you ordered a car without even test driving it???
Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
brycerichert
1st Gear Member

I test drove a track pack 2010. I figured it couldn't be worse than that... just more power. Had it only had 300hp I wouldn't have touched it.. not impressive enough. 412/390 did it for me.

I read everything there was on it and couldn't find a reason not to order one. After 2 weeks so far it seems like a good decision so far.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangRider89
I have not driven the 2011 but my 2010 with 3.73 rear end impresses everyone I tak for a ride. Even more now that I have the roush exhaust (My favorite exhaust I have ever heard)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wTCxl1aos

But, after reading everything about the 2011 I want to drive one so bad. I want to feel the difference.

I really like the random Honda driver that decided to push his car hard for the sake of the video also xD I think that's hysterical
Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

The C/S looked good, but I like the GT look better. I don't like the billet grill with no fog lamps and i also don't like that there are no 5.0 badges. A couple people tried messing with me on the test drive and they didn't even know(I'm guessing) it was a 5.0 and would have raped them lol. It was a 3000GT non turbo and a 05-09 GT actually. The Mustang was looking over and gunning it like he thought I was drivin a stock '10 vert...he had at least bolt-ons with loud exhaust(no blower/turbo heard) and prob figured he could walk me.....little did he know the quietly deceiving 412hp 5.0 V8 lurked under hood!!!! haha

Couple things I forgot yest. The premium 19's looked great! Also, it was pretty damn hot and humid and the car(unlike mine) didn't seem to heat soak and lose its power. It felt great driving the thing....

Also, I'm used to the new rear bumper which I did hate although the new 5.0's bumper exhaust cutouts looks weird and very thin
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Yes the GT/CS doesnt have any 5.0 badges, but seeing as how there was no CS last year most should still know its a 5.0.

A non turbo 3000GT is slow, I don't know why he would try to race any mustang
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Because he had a muffler on his car.......lol

Well I'm a mustang guy and totally forgot there was no C/S last year lol. Plus, again, unless you're a stanger you prob wouldn't know that the C/S doesn't have 5.0 badges
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Yeah I wouldn't want a C/S... just not my style in any of the S197's.
Not to put anyone down with one. They look good, just not my taste.

I was getting work done on my car and saw a line of 5.0's at the dealership, then one inside.
I'm one of those guys who do not like the new body style nearly as much as the 05-09's.
Just my taste preference.

I will agree that for some reason the seat material seems much more tight and firm. Feels like the seats are really built solid.
I don't like the air vents as much as ours.
I do like the stereo and it's build style better than ours.

I am NOT going to test drive one.
I am not going to buy one (at least not for a LONG time),
so I don't even wanna compare how it runs to mine.

My car runs good and to me it is the best running car in the world as far as how it feels.
I don't wanna be disappointed with the feel of the new 5.0 , but
I also don't wanna get an appetite for the way it drives either because like I said I'm not planning on getting one and if I do it will be a long time from now.

If I don't test drive it then I will neither be disappointed with it, nor will I hunger for it.
And as long as I do this then my philosophy of my car being the best, and not taking a change at either opinion on the 5.0 will stand firmly in it's place with no danger of feeling otherwise.

BOOYAH!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Thats what I hate about factory cars is the mufflers are not loud. The reviews all said the new stang would be louder. I had to put my own mufflers on make it sound like a muscle car.

Also its a rag top hence why its probably slower as well. Better off getting a lighter hard top if your buying a car for speed.
Most reviews I have read talked about the ENGINE being louder and sounding better haven't read one yet that talked about the exhaust ... depends on how you look at the statements
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

nice bro.. a friend of mine deployed with me, ordered one also. once we return from the deployment (after I install the V1) we're gonna see what she can do. The 5.0's are awesome cars..
Old 07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Seems like from what I've read, the new V6s and 5.0s are just a little too refined and lacking the traditional grunt & unsophistication of Mustang in the past. Not saying that it's good or bad, just an observation

Quick Reply: DROVE A NEW 2011 5.0 TONIGHT!!!!!!!