Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics: Installed Custom "Sinclair Special" (that's me) Illuminated Scuff / Door Sills

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:54 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default Pics: Installed Custom "Sinclair Special" (that's me) Illuminated Scuff / Door Sills

I ordered these babies from the Ford Performance Group....

Don't kill me on the cobra/svt logo I ordered these when I was getting ready to do the GT500 conversion, but ended up going another route. It look quite a while to get these after I ordered them but it was worth the wait because they look great.

I wanted something different than the "MUSTANG" that's on the original door sills so decided that after all I've done to my car I'd call it a "Sinclair Special" (Sinclair is my last name).

For those with illuminated door sills / scuff plates, these are plug and play. All you do is unplug your old ones after popping them out and plug in the new ones. Very easy to install. It took me a total of about 10 minutes total for both sides.

For those who don't have illuminated door sills / scuff plates, these come with all of the wiring necessary to wire them up.

And, of course if you have ambient lighting you can use these just like the factory ones, meaning they will change colors when you change your other colors.

Let me know what you think! These pictures are from my cell phone so kinda crappy, but you get the idea:

Last edited by discodave; 02-02-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

that's awesome! how'd you get it to say "sinclair special"? did they custom make them for you? if so, how much are they? that's an awesome way of customizing your ride to make it your own!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

Looks good.

This mod is completely useless, mindless, and a waste of money, but it's got to be a good feeling to see it illuminate when stepping in and out of the car at night. I definitely need these. Although wiring would be a pain, I'm sure.

Any shots from farther away?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11
that's awesome! how'd you get it to say "sinclair special"? did they custom make them for you? if so, how much are they? that's an awesome way of customizing your ride to make it your own!
Originally Posted by soon2bu
Looks good.

This mod is completely useless, mindless, and a waste of money, but it's got to be a good feeling to see it illuminate when stepping in and out of the car at night. I definitely need these. Although wiring would be a pain, I'm sure.

Any shots from farther away?
Ha ha Well, most appearance mods are useless but we still spend money on them because they make our rides our own....

I had these custom made from the following website.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_c...roduct_id=6873

They're 200 bucks for the whole set. You can input any text you want for the middle and choose from the logos they have for the sides.

I'll take some more shot from further away and post 'em up!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Updated first post with more pics. Sorry, I suck at night photos so they're a little blurry, but I think you get the idea......
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I like these. A nice subtle custom touch when your car gets far enough away from factory. I will be having a set made soon with my cars name. I also have custom fender badges being made machined as we speak and a replacement for the black GT emblem on the rear being mocked up.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Good touch, I like them along with your whole interior as well. I don't have any type of ambient lighting so it'd more then likely be a pain in the *** for me to have those.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
I like these. A nice subtle custom touch when your car gets far enough away from factory. I will be having a set made soon with my cars name. I also have custom fender badges being made machined as we speak and a replacement for the black GT emblem on the rear being mocked up.
Nice! Where are you getting your custom decklid emblem made? I want to get that done too. Probably keep the Pony in the middle and add text on the top and bottom of it. Post pics when you get it done!

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Good touch, I like them along with your whole interior as well. I don't have any type of ambient lighting so it'd more then likely be a pain in the *** for me to have those.
These actually look pretty good even when they aren't lit up, so maybe that's an option for you too. All you'd have to do is pop them in and you're set.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I am getting my badges from billetbadges.com. The sides are being made now and I'm waiting on his rendering of my idea for the back emblem.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I agree, this would be pretty cool, but it would be a mother f*****... Could we some how hook the power up to the same source as the door ajar light?

Quick Reply: Pics: Installed Custom "Sinclair Special" (that's me) Illuminated Scuff / Door Sills