Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Five days with an eleven

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Default Five days with an eleven

Five days with an eleven and the following are my thoughts:

Pros

The larger two line radio display is nice.

The satellite antenna on the center front of the dash is a good idea.

The Sync controls on the wheel are nice. But are dang hard to use if the wheel is turned.

Auto door locks, but why add that expense on a two door. What the!

Cons

The steering feels a bit twitchy. Something odd about the power steering feel.

When driving along at 60 MPH on a road with gentle hills, it seems like the gearing is too high and it doesn’t pull the hills well. You almost need to shift down or get a run at the hills.

When you get on it to pass at 60 or so, the auto shifts down OK, but if you floor it, it shifts down to even a lower gear and the engine starts screaming its guts out and not really moving the car very well. In fact it feels like it is slowing down.

For some strange reason in the most comfortable seating position my right elbow is in a perfect position to accidently open the center console storage door about 100 times so far.

Nice that they put headrests in the back seat for safety but they do a wonderful job of blocking your “6”. They fold down but look pretty dorky in that position. The back seat is useless to carry people, so I have no clue why the bothered with the expense of the headrests.

Don’t care for the new interior design. Looks like it belongs in a Japanese car, not an American made Mustang.

On rough roads there is a rattle in the center console.

The side mirrors are too small and the hip bulge blocks the view a bit.

Rather not have the fish eye part of the mirror on both sides and have more viewing area.

I promised myself that I would keep a open mind about the styling but try as I may I just cannot get any excitement going with the back end. After a few days the front and side view grew on me a bit.

Summary

Still waiting for Ford to design my next Mustang.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:55 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
Auto door locks, but why add that expense on a two door. What the!
Why do you think the US manufacturers decided to put in auto-door-locking on cars some years ago?
Car jackers don't care if you have 2 or 4 doors.......
Old 08-05-2010, 04:32 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Five days with an eleven and the following are my thoughts:

The Sync controls on the wheel are nice. But are dang hard to use if the wheel is turned.

probably shouldn't be changing your song in the middle of a turn

Cons

For some strange reason in the most comfortable seating position my right elbow is in a perfect position to accidently open the center console storage door about 100 times so far.

never had the problem, but you can always lock that part if it really bothers you

Nice that they put headrests in the back seat for safety but they do a wonderful job of blocking your “6”. They fold down but look pretty dorky in that position. The back seat is useless to carry people, so I have no clue why the bothered with the expense of the headrests.

I've carried people in the back for about a 30min drive, one of passengers fell asleep so can't be too bad.

Don’t care for the new interior design. Looks like it belongs in a Japanese car, not an American made Mustang.

what about it seems japanese?

The side mirrors are too small and the hip bulge blocks the view a bit.

I have no issues, and wouldn't want any larger mirrors

Rather not have the fish eye part of the mirror on both sides and have more viewing area.

Once you get used to them, you never have to turn to check your blind spots. I can't drive anything without them now.

responses in the quote. Interesting that all of it just nit picking and has no mention of what people actually look for, power response, fuel economy, fit and finish, and ride quality. Not saying you can't have your opinion, but some are better than others.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Why do you think the US manufacturers decided to put in auto-door-locking on cars some years ago?
Car jackers don't care if you have 2 or 4 doors.......
Wow! You live in an area where you have been car jacked? Yikes!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Wow! You live in an area where you have been car jacked? Yikes!
What on earth does that have to do with anything? I've never heard of a car being stolen in my neighborhood but I'm glad I have the security package.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

I am more interested, does the price tag worth the extra power? Personally I don't like the interior or exterior of the 2010/11 compared to my 2009 - but obviously no comparison with the 5.0 motor.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:17 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ09GT
I am more interested, does the price tag worth the extra power? Personally I don't like the interior or exterior of the 2010/11 compared to my 2009 - but obviously no comparison with the 5.0 motor.
My 09 is a manual with some tune work so it was hard to compare with the eleven auto. The auto kept shifting into top gear way before I would with my manual so it often felt like I was lugging the engine. They say it is faster than my 09, so I don’t know. I don’t drive autos much ,so that might be just the way they feel.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
What on earth does that have to do with anything? I've never heard of a car being stolen in my neighborhood but I'm glad I have the security package.
The man was concerned about being car jacked and wanted auto locks!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

LMfAO, i know what you mean! XD

LOL!@

On rough roads there is a rattle in the center console.
I have this same problem, ive been thinking about taking it in to get it check out, it gets annoying if there is no music on
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

what gets me about the interior is those damn air vents. Its hideous compared to my 07 air vents and i agree the rear end is uneasy to the eye

Quick Reply: Five days with an eleven