Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Default Cold Air Intake upgrade question

I recently purchased a new 2010 Mustang GT. While I got a great deal with the rebates, I am now wishing I would have not been such a cheap *** and just got the damn 2011! I am looking to add a cold air intake but do not want to do any type of computer tuning. I have found two that tuning is not required and would like to see if anyone could give me some advice on either.

The two I have found are: AIRAID AR450-238 and C&L 10699-10-PI

Any suggestions or other options would be greatly appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Brembo Pkg, 3:73 Gears, Ceramic tint, Boss Front Valance, Saleen Grille, Boss Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Decklid Spoiler, Corsa Sport Exhaust w/ Corsa X Pipe, Eibach Pro Kit, J&M APB
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010, Ford, Mustang

Without a tune it is a waste of money. Enjoy your car, buy some wheels.
908ssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

The Airaids look amazing....oem fit and finish. I think they make the CAI's for Roush. They also keep the air inlet scoop that pulls air in from the front grill. I don't think most other aftermarket CAI's do this. Correct me if i'm wrong.
2010 Mustang GT Premium / 5- Speed / 3:73 Package / 19" RTR wheels / 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires / Flowmaster American Thunder Classics / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Strut Mounts / Koni Yellows / Royal Purple / K&N Drop-In
crescent_wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
ski
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Without a tune it is a waste of money.
+1
Spend your coin on other mods if you're not going to tune it.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

I am good with the 19" wheels. Eventually I would like to have them painted a darker color. If some of you think the intake is a bad idea and think I should go another route, please give me some suggestions. I am not looking to alter the factory warranty or spend a lot of money right now.
Brembo Pkg, 3:73 Gears, Ceramic tint, Boss Front Valance, Saleen Grille, Boss Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Decklid Spoiler, Corsa Sport Exhaust w/ Corsa X Pipe, Eibach Pro Kit, J&M APB
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
kevworthy
1st Gear Member

Its not a waste of money if you cant buy both at the same time.....I think I am going to go with the Air Raid. I really like the way it looks and I will get a tuner later to get the full benefit.

'10 GT Vert Premium - 401A, HID's, FRPP Stingers, K&N.
kevworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

A stand-alone CAI on a '10 is a tad more worthless than on a '05-'09 due to the stock intake on the '10 breathing a bit better than the '05-'09s. Where a stand-alone CAI on a '05-'09 might gain about 4-6 RWHP, you should expect to see less on the '10. Don't bother unless you do a stand-alone tune or CAI & tune combo. The tune is roughly 75%-80% of the power gainer.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevworthy View Post
Its not a waste of money if you cant buy both at the same time.....I think I am going to go with the Air Raid. I really like the way it looks and I will get a tuner later to get the full benefit.
You'll end up paying more in the long run unless you pick up either component used.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: meh

You can do it if you just want the look but as they said it's not going to do much in the way of performance. This is expensive as all hell but looks sick-
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=133

Quote:
I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean. Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.
MOOK3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
08 redauto

Vehicle: 08 Gt
Default CAI and Tune

I have owned an 08 GT since November 07, I finally decided to order a CAI and Tune from Brenspeed on Tuesday. I drove a friends 09 GT after he got a Brenspeed package and couldn't believe the difference from stock. If you haven't driven a tuned car similar to your own, you don't know what your missing.

Brenspeed Tune, FRPP CAI, IUP, Comfort Group, Appearance Package, HID, Sirius, Premier Trim Package, Ambient Lighting, Active Anti-Theft
08 redauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1069910pi, 2005, air, cold, forum, honeycomb, intake, intakes, money, mustang, oem, waste