Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC Indexing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 PM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

Default SYNC Indexing

After this last firmware update v3.1, it wants to index my ipod everytime the car starts up - even if I never disconnect it. Before, it would just index the first time after the device was plugged back in. This BLOWS as it takes almost half of the time of my daily drive to index and I get to hear "Sync has fully indexed your device..." after it finishes on every start-up. Is this just me or does anyone else have this irritating issue too? Any fixes?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 AM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

I'll look into it. Try upgrading to v3.2, as it's been out for some time now (upgrades the readout on the Turn-By-Turn display for SYNC Services to always display the next turn, and also lets you give commands like 'Call [whoever]' without having to say 'Phone' first). Let us know if the indexing problem goes away after that.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:55 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

I have an Ipod Touch and it doesn't really get along very well with Sync. Kinda weird.

It takes forever to Index. One workaround was to start a playlist going before plugging it in, pausing it, plugging it in, starting the car, then it would play fine, immediately. If you restarted the car without repeating that process, it would be all jacked up again.

Right now, it seems to be at the point where if I select a specific playlist to play, it does fine, restarting the car and everything. However if I try playing the whole library, after I restart the car, it will just play 1 or 2 songs like those are the only songs on the Ipod.

Just some weird, idiosyncratic problems with the Ipod Touch and Sync. Guess its just an extension of the fact and Microsoft and Apple really don't like each other.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:52 AM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordEngineer
I'll look into it. Try upgrading to v3.2, as it's been out for some time now (upgrades the readout on the Turn-By-Turn display for SYNC Services to always display the next turn, and also lets you give commands like 'Call [whoever]' without having to say 'Phone' first). Let us know if the indexing problem goes away after that.
When I'm on the sync website, it tells me that I there are no updates for me... I even used the Sync Status Checker Version 1.3 to ensure the site was corrrect and it doesn't give me an option to download v3.2....
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2010, 07:39 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

My radio keeps turning the bluetooth audio on my Iphone for some reason.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:46 AM
j0nx
2nd Gear Member

The 3.x apple firmware for iphones and ipod touches has never worked right with sync and will always index and take forever. Ford has been promising the 4.0 sync firmware for about a year now with nothing yet. There is no 3.2 sync firmware so not sure what the other poster is talking about...
Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
jmm5160

I have a Zune, which you would think would work with a Microsoft product than anything else, won't index any new playlists I add to it. It has picked up on my new music, but not the paylists. Even if I do it the hard way without the voice commands, the car seems to think it doesn't exist. It indexed the first time without any problems.
Is there any way to "re-index" my mp3 player?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by jmm5160
I have a Zune, which you would think would work with a Microsoft product than anything else, won't index any new playlists I add to it. It has picked up on my new music, but not the paylists. Even if I do it the hard way without the voice commands, the car seems to think it doesn't exist. It indexed the first time without any problems.
Is there any way to "re-index" my mp3 player?
Hi jmm5160,

SYNC automatically indexes your music every time the player is connected to SYNC by the USB port. You may try plugging it in and see if that helps. Our In-Vehicle Technology team is also available at 800-392-3673 (option 1 then 3) if you would like some additional help.

~Natasha
Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I haven't been experiencing any issues like this, but im using a Droid X.. stopped using my ipod touch once i got that hehe
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Hamhole
1st Gear Member

I have a 360 GB "Rugged" external hard drive plugged into my Sync. It's nice but I have noticed something a little odd.

When I remove the drive to update the songs, it re-indexes everything and I'm good to go. New songs are available for playing. However, I just noticed that on existing songs where I fix the MP3 tags, it doesn't always pick up the changes.

The other day, for example, I added a new album to my collection and in the process updated one existing MP3. When I played it back, I noticed the one song had old information (it was originally tagged "Album: Unknown" but I fixed that). The rest of the album tracks were there and showing correct information. About a week later I get in my car and suddenly it's rebuilding voice commands. I'm not sure why it decided to do that after a week, but it did in fact update all the MP3 tags. Now the song that had outdated information was up-to-date.

Quick Reply: SYNC Indexing