Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does 2011 have wheel hop issues??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

I've only took off from a stop once say around 3kish, just to see if I could spin them (first manual, lol), no hop in the 2009...I'm more worried about it later after FI, but as many did it looks as if LCA and UCA will help a lot...
Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

I light up my tires pretty often. I have the track pack wish has the 255 pzeros and gt500 lower control arms. I get some wheel hop in the rain but only on certain roads. In the dry stuff I can light my tires up through first gear into second with out any wheel hop. I launch here and there and still no wheel hop. I rarely have a problem.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

^^^so your shifting from first to second while burning em? Are you breaking as well (I'd assume)
Old 08-17-2010, 04:04 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

^^ Depends most of the time I get them burning let off the brake and keep them the gas pedal mashed and shift to second then they burn for a little while longer then they catch and I take off like I stole her. I have to say it is my favorite ways to show people what a real muscle car can do! I really do not care about tire life though...so If you are trying to save money do not do this. PZeros are not cheap!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by carguygt
YOU NEED MORE POWER!
Couldn't agree more...but speed cost money... how fast ya wann go???

I'm saving up for long tubes and hot rods... will be about a year at this rate

Hop also is related to wheel speed. If you can spin 'em fast, there's less hop... Wet is way worse than dry...
Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Grey2011GT
1st Gear Member

Hi I bought a 2011 5.0 Saturday night .

Has brembo pkg ,255s and 3.73 rear w/h 6sp manual

Learned on my second light on the way home i am disgusted. Nothing but wheel hop , never even got into the gas. Like it was shaking the wheels off every time

Raining for last 3 days, axle hop at any gear any speed as long as tires are breaking loose, cornres strait line ect. So i spent how much for a dry weather car...Expect it to hop dry. i never imigined id have to Stuff and drift the test drive car, beat the hell out of it to know theres no hop . For god sakes , i waited 25 years for what ---wheel hop.

Back to the drawing board FORD. no wonder everyone hates Fords

Horn not working on delevery, now check engine light , and heavy wheel hop . im very sorry i bought the car.

Id have kept the 67 coupe No wheel hop with 20 dollar lowering blocks

Does this car fall into lemon law?

Id like to insist the wheel hop get fixed to my satisfaction.

Dont buy a mustang 2011 GT if you hate wheel hop . i do hate the issue . I want the car replaced with an appropriate one

So whats the deal guys , do i have to buy a dam Ferrari or a Porche to have a real road car??????

thumbs down for 2011 , could have been a better car.

looking for a trade of any year
Old 12-21-2010, 02:15 AM
brycerichert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grey2011GT

Learned on my second light on the way home i am disgusted. Nothing but wheel hop , never even got into the gas. Like it was shaking the wheels off every time

Raining for last 3 days, axle hop at any gear any speed as long as tires are breaking loose, cornres strait line ect. So i spent how much for a dry weather car...Expect it to hop dry. i never imigined id have to Stuff and drift the test drive car, beat the hell out of it to know theres no hop . For god sakes , i waited 25 years for what ---wheel hop.

Horn not working on delevery, now check engine light , and heavy wheel hop . im very sorry i bought the car.

Dont buy a mustang 2011 GT if you hate wheel hop . i do hate the issue . I want the car replaced with an appropriate one

So whats the deal guys , do i have to buy a dam Ferrari or a Porche to have a real road car??????

Mine has not wheel hop... with that said though....Sounds like you got the car for burnouts and you should've kept your '67 with the 2x4's. good luck with all that lemon law thing. haha.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Grey2011GT
1st Gear Member

Im not looking to smoke the tires . just a seasoned (3rd mustang) driver -I like to be able to power thru and out of turns.

Maybe turn off traction control?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:37 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Lemon law in CA, has to be 3 times for the same problem.
Good luck on getting the dealer to fix the wheel hop issue, the problem is that the OEM components were chosen to give the best of both worlds of drag and corners, which means it isn't particularly good at either.
Go to the handling section and let the guys figure out what you need for how you drive, in the grand scheme of things, the price to customize your suspension is worth every penny, it will become a whole different car.
And yeah, you have to wonder why Ford didn't just put a few better components in, or at least offer them as an option.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 AM
brycerichert
1st Gear Member

Im not looking to smoke the tires . just a seasoned (3rd mustang) driver -I like to be able to power thru and out of turns.

Maybe turn off traction control?
I'd say turn off traction control to start? I have mine in sport mode usually just so I can have the tighter steering.

The car tracks out very stable on track out. If you are looking to "drift" and all that... well, I don't know what to say. It handles just great at the track though.

Quick Reply: Does 2011 have wheel hop issues??