Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

if you're gonna bring down QB scoring bring down RBs or just go to the pre-set scoring, i was browsing another match-up and forte scored 46 pts on 7 REC, 151 YDS, 2 TD and CAR YDS AVG TD LG
M. Forte 17 50 2.9 0 17

Yeah thats pretty good but 46 pts good? I think either you go the pre-set scoring or you edit all of it equally.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

That's what I'm working on. I'm trying to make it fair. I really messed it up on the high side. I'm sorry if it upsets people, but I'd rather mess with the scoring on Week 1 and get it right for the remaining 16, than to leave it how it is and have 17 messed up weeks. 35 points is solid for the stats Peyton put up if you ask me. I think he got 27 on default settings. I'm going to adjust RBs now, because I agree it is too much. Getting pissed off about me trying to make amends to the scoring system isn't going to help, however. I messed up, and now I'm going to fix it to the best of my abilities. This is my first time running a league, so it's trial and error for me as well, but I'm doing my best to keep it fair.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I updated RBs. Forte had a 43 point week. In a PPR league, 7 receptions for a running back is icing on the cake. He gets 7 points on top of anything else. Plus there is a small bonus for a 100-199 yard receiving game, which is 2 points I believe, and 3 points for 200+. Each position has a bonus for a big total game, and there is an 1 or 2 point bonus for an individual big play at all positions.

Again, I made a mistake. I really screwed up the scoring system in an attempt to make it better. The only thing I had right was D/ST and DPs, in my opinion. I updated and fixed, in my opinion, the other positions. If you don't agree, tell me.

I had it set up to award big plays way too much. A 50+ yard TD pass is not worth 5 extra points. It is now 2.

Please be understanding here. Would you rather have a scoring update week one that costs you some points, and maybe in rare cases a win, or a screwy system that relies on big plays all season long? If you ask me, it's a no brainer. The update had to be made.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I can offer one thing. After some research, PPR is up for high debate. I WILL NOT make this change unless there is a vote on it, however. If we think there should be, I'll send out a PM and see what the consensus is.

The idea is a modified PPR. Instead of 1 point, each reception is .5 point. This will make things seem more balanced, but it will lower scoring.

The reason I won't just make this change outright, is because people factor PPR into their draft strategy. The other changes I just made were across the board, and all they did was lower the value of big plays. A 70 yard run for a TD would qualify that team for...18 points, which is entirely too much. It deserves what it gets now, but this is for every position.

If you have an opinion on putting the PPR vs. Modified PPR up to a vote, post it here, and I will judge the interest before sending out a PM to all participants.

I'm really trying to make this league fair and fun, but it's not as easy as it may seem to make it fair. And I want it to be both...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 AM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

Dont change anything else, PPR is factored into the way people drafted. There is nothing wrong with it, it works the same for everyone.

As far as the other settings, I prob wouldnt have changed those either. I mean, that is what they were set at. Maybe someone drafted DJax on purpose because of his big play ability based on the scoring. Eitherway, the scoring effects everyone the same is the way I see it.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I agree tek. I say no go on changing PPR, maybe next year, but people factored it into drafting this year.

I don't plan on changing anything else at this point. I think the current settings are good. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I think the current scoring is fair
Old 09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

i'm fine with the current scoring
Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

What's up with guys being able to run two QBs on the same starting line up never seen this before and is a bit cheesy!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

You can run any OP (Offensive Player). In a PPR league, QBs aren't always the highest scorers, so it's not really an advantage. I explained this before the draft, so if you were paying attention you could have drafted accordingly...no apologies now, trade with someone.

I'm looking at trading Jay Cutler, or maybe Brett Favre depending on who you have to offer.

Quick Reply: 2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle