Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
You can run any OP (Offensive Player). In a PPR league, QBs aren't always the highest scorers, so it's not really an advantage. I explained this before the draft, so if you were paying attention you could have drafted accordingly...no apologies now, trade with someone.

I'm looking at trading Jay Cutler, or maybe Brett Favre depending on who you have to offer.
I'm not looking for anyone's apology nor did I ask for it!!! I just happen to think it's a cheesy setup!!! I play this for fun it's not the end of the world like some of you make it.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Whatever, haha. No need to get pissy nor defensive.

If you didn't want an apology, then why did you post about it, and then get upset when I provided you with an answer?

Not really sure where anyone decided that this was the end of the world either.

The Bold and "!!!" in your post made it very threatening as well. Real aggressive.

On a more important note, I hope everyone made it through Week 1. I'm new to running these leagues just as many of you are new to playing in them, so it was a bit of a rough week, but I am confident that the mistakes were mended.

I hope everyone is okay with the current setup. Any thoughts?

Everyone happy with their team?

I know I'm not haha, AP and Favre have to produce or I'll be in for a rough season, but I think they'll pick up. At least enough to grab me a few more TDs this upcoming week.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

i'm happy with te outcome but ill be looking to trade in the future
Old 09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Who you looking at trading V6?

NOTE: It would be really cool if everyone could post something like

2010 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League - Sponsored by American Muscle
Team Name: (Whatever your team is called)

This way, we know who we are talking to on here, as well as we advertise for AM.

Last edited by HT; 09-14-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Whatever, haha. No need to get pissy nor defensive.

If you didn't want an apology, then why did you post about it, and then get upset when I provided you with an answer?

Not really sure where anyone decided that this was the end of the world either.

The Bold and "!!!" in your post made it very threatening as well. Real aggressive.
My response was to your smart *** comment to begin with. I asked a question rather than just answer, you add your smart comments at the end about an apology. Nowhere in my post did I ask for apology I asked for an explanation on why this was allowed. Then you have the nerve to call my response threatening because it's in bold. It's in bold because I didn't appreciate your comment to begin with and bold is one of the ways to express that on the internet.

Give me a break this is the internet, if you find that threatening there is something wrong with you not me.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Your damn right I'm a smartass. I'm also sarcastic, hence my threatening comment.

Check your PMs and calm down.

HT
MFFFL Commish

Week One Results:

GT/CS Baja (0-1) at Team SVTeeshirt (1-0) 119.5-127.5
Team Cloninger (0-1) at Get Rick Rolled!!! (1-0) 126.5-206.5
Pro Dirt Rakers (1-0) at Team Parinoia (0-1) 131-108
Team Outcelt (0-1) at fah-q fah-q (1-0) 85.5-102.5
Ohio Brownies (1-0) at New England Patriots!!! (0-1) 128.5-90
Casa de Rodgers (0-1) at Body Bag, MD BoneCrushers (1-0) 126.5-143.5
anderman '83 GT (1-0) at Team Frank-N-Di (0-1) 97-69.5
Team OCStang (0-1) at Victorious Secret (1-0) 111-129.5

Last edited by HT; 09-14-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

How is everyone faring this week? Any big pickups off the waiver wire?

I ended up with 2 guys from my spot at #9 on the wire. I got Brandon Lloyd, WR from Denver. He's getting a lot of looks from Orton, so I'm happy with that pick-up. I also snagged Adrian Wilson, S from Arizona. This one was a bit more of a gamble. He had a huge week last week, and he gets a lot of chances for defensive points, so we'll see how that fares out.

I really would have liked Vick, Brandon Jackson, or Clayton, but from the 9th spot I knew I would probably be passed up. Who got these guys?

The negative to picking up Adrian Wilson was I moved to 16th on the waiver wire, so I'll be running this setup for a few weeks, barring a trade.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Analyzer52
I'm not looking for anyone's apology nor did I ask for it!!! I just happen to think it's a cheesy setup!!! I play this for fun it's not the end of the world like some of you make it.
don't worry i didn't know either lol.

How is everyone faring this week? Any big pickups off the waiver wire?

I ended up with 2 guys from my spot at #9 on the wire. I got Brandon Lloyd, WR from Denver. He's getting a lot of looks from Orton, so I'm happy with that pick-up. I also snagged Adrian Wilson, S from Arizona. This one was a bit more of a gamble. He had a huge week last week, and he gets a lot of chances for defensive points, so we'll see how that fares out.

I really would have liked Vick, Brandon Jackson, or Clayton, but from the 9th spot I knew I would probably be passed up. Who got these guys?

The negative to picking up Adrian Wilson was I moved to 16th on the waiver wire, so I'll be running this setup for a few weeks, barring a trade.
i tried to get vick in second spot but the 1st guy grabbed him.

i feel like claytons good game was a fluke.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

Plenty of leagues run two QB's, its just not practical in a 16 team league, so OP assures everyone will have a player to run in that spot. Since its PPR, and TD passes are only 4 points, QB in that slot is not always the best way to go.

The waiver wire is slim at this point in a league this deep. I haven't checked today, but I don't think there is even a starting QB available at this point.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:07 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Precisely tek. I use the OP spot to open up trading and player combinations, considering the league is so deep that not much is available through free agency. The best way to keep it interesting is allowing people an extra spot to work with in trades.

Analyzer and I had a discussion over PMs, so it's all good now. Back to Football!!!! Fantasy Style.

I actually thought the waiver wire was pretty deep this week. A few stars on the defensive side of the ball got snatched up, as well as some receivers that are getting the majority of their teams throws. All that on top of Vick and Brandon Jackson. I thought there were some big additions this workweek so far.

I'm working on a trade right now, is anyone else in negotiations?

Quick Reply: 2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle