Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I'm in, I'm looking at getting a rb since i doubt my 2 backups will get much pt, anyone looking to give a little?

BTW, team name is Victorious Secret
Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Hmmm...in terms of RBs, I'm hard pressed to give anything up that you would want.

Give me a perfect offer and I would consider handing over AP. Justin Forsett can be had as well. He's a quality RB, but he's battling with other guys for the spot in Seattle, so he isn't getting a full load of carries until he proves he is the #1. He grabs around 10-15 carries per game at this point (he got 7 and a touchdown week 1).

Any interest V6?

Last edited by HT; 09-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

If you are interested in AP, your going to have to offer up Hakeem or Rodgers. Probably Rodgers since you have Eli as well, so that wouldn't be as big a hit to your team. It would have to be one of those two plus a decent WR or TE.

Forsett is highly negotiable.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to end up screwed this season at QB didn't want Kolb in the first place he will never start again this season mark my words and I thought I would get Vick off the wire but didn't happen I did get Clayton though should be a good pick up.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Team Frank-N-Di reporting in, as in the LAST place team in points, week 1. My starting QB is injured, Harvin laid an egg and I had Vick on my bench and dropped him to try and upgrade my WR's. SOOOOO, how does this friggin waiver work? I tried to claim some players, got none and I'm still #15 on the waiver wire? Why is that?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Hmmmm...that is illogical. If you are 15th, then you had to get at least one...maybe you didn't have space on your roster?

I'm unclear what happens if you get a player off the wire and there is no room on your bench. It would seem logical that you would be given the option of dropping a player to make room...otherwise you would have to drop a player to FA before, which doesn't make sense since you might not get the player on waivers...idk.

Other than that, basically, players go on waivers after they are dropped, or for 2 days (I think) after the last game for the previous week. Then, Team Owners can make a claim for all those players. You can claim up to 5. Then, you set the ones you want in a priority order. The person closest to the front of the waiver line (#1) gets the first dibs at players, and so on down to #16. So, if player #1 had Vick as their first priority, then they get Vick, and everyone else on the wire loses out. However, that person forfeits their spot on the line and moves to #16. It goes on and on down the line.

Another thing I'm not sure of is how the order goes. Like, if #1 gets Vick, and I pick up Brandon Lloyd at #9, do I move to #16 and they move to #15 (or whatever the next spot might be)? I guess that's how it works.

If you don't get a player off the wire, then you move up spots (depending on how many people pick up players). For example, Team Cloninger (I talked to him last night on Skype) was #7. He set up his wire, but got no players, so he moved up to #4. I got 2 players from #9, and I evidently got the last one, so I moved to #16.

If you got no players...then you had to move up. Either the system malfunctioned, or it has something to do with getting a player but not having room on your roster. Check your Pending Moves to see if there is anything about that.

As far as dropping Vick last week...I'm sorry haha. I had him for the majority of last season, thinking he might get PT due to injuries, but no. I actually thought about grabbing him in the draft, but didn't...fantasy can be heartbreaking sometimes.

NOTE TO ANALYZER: I might be able to help your QB situation. I'm working on a trade involving Brett Favre, but if you have an offer to make on either Favre or Cutler, hit me up and we can talk.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

i just want a solid running back, someone make me an offer
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

I claimed 3 different players and conditionally dropped a player on my bench, based on whether I got the player off waivers. I was originally #12 in the waiver order. Then after all the waiver claims took place, I got NO player and I'm now 15th on the waiver wire. Not complaining, I just thought if none of my claims went through, I would move up on the waiver wire. My team needs help BAD
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
i just want a solid running back, someone make me an offer
Baker, who are you in the fantasy league? I'm team Frank-N-Di
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 AM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

That trade is pretty uneven IMO.

Miles Austin - top 5 WR
Finley - Pretty good chance he is a top 3 TE beast in PPR

for

Brett Favre - Lots of injury concerns, prolly lucky if he ends top 15 in QBs
Owen Daniels - coming back from major knee injury, lots of questions here

Miles Austin and Finley prolly could have gotten you someone like Aaron Rodgers, and even then IMO you would have given up too much.

Quick Reply: 2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle