Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

It takes 4. And wow frank, you're really quitting after week 2 and looking to pawn off your players...that is precisely what the veto system is for, so good luck with that.

I'm sorry I made a trade right before Brett Favre had a horrible week. I guess I should have waited for him to actually put something together so that no one would complain. It is Week 2 and everyone is making predictions about how players entire seasons will pan out.

Owen Daniels is recovering, and will be back to his old form. If not, then why is he owned in 98% of all leagues?

I also provided the #1 receiver for St. Louis in the trade. Nobody seems to notice that.

Favre has the ability to put up huge numbers. Cloninger wanted a QB other than Hasselback, and I provided that to him. I got a better receiver and TE, and he got a better QB, while at the same time replacing his TE and WR.

And if you really want to get technical, look at my bench. Demaryius Thomas pulls in 23 points in his first week back from an injury. He's a rookie, by the way, and one of my original draft picks. Looking like a starting WR at this point. I call that good planning.

Then we got Louis Murphy pulling in 21.5 points with Gradkowski at the helm.

I could have traded out my entire receiving corp, and still put up the numbers I did.

I love how ya'll are calling foul when I just put together a solid team...

And yeah, calling the league rigged is real funny. I MADE A TRADE. I didn't make 2 teams and pull the best players off of each of them. That would be "rigged." I put together a solid team at draft and made one trade, and now I'm cheating. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by HT; 09-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Why cry "foul?"

I did not veto because it is a fair trade. I never had the intention to veto. You have brett favre who just played the season of his life being traded to a sub - par drafted team. Just because his players do well in weeks 1 and 2 does not mean that his team will bode well later on in the season.

I think it's funny how every1 thinks 1 or 2 players will win the whole season for someone.

In that case, why doesn't one player (such as LT or AP in the past) always win for every league. I think every1 should man up and play like they are supposed to. It's early in the season adn there's no telling how players are going to play.

My favorite example is Pierre Thomas from last year. He was supposed to be a top 5 RB and got hurt. Was my 2nd round draft pick. I still ended up making it to the championship, after trading him for holmes (which was a great trade for me) and lost. I htink he finished around 30th in RB rankings.

Just goes to show, the winner is not the person that has one best player, it's the team that plays the best consistantly each week.

I am still looking for a RB btw
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop
Why cry "foul?"

I did not veto because it is a fair trade. I never had the intention to veto. You have brett favre who just played the season of his life being traded to a sub - par drafted team. Just because his players do well in weeks 1 and 2 does not mean that his team will bode well later on in the season.

I think it's funny how every1 thinks 1 or 2 players will win the whole season for someone.

In that case, why doesn't one player (such as LT or AP in the past) always win for every league. I think every1 should man up and play like they are supposed to. It's early in the season adn there's no telling how players are going to play.

My favorite example is Pierre Thomas from last year. He was supposed to be a top 5 RB and got hurt. Was my 2nd round draft pick. I still ended up making it to the championship, after trading him for holmes (which was a great trade for me) and lost. I htink he finished around 30th in RB rankings.

Just goes to show, the winner is not the person that has one best player, it's the team that plays the best consistantly each week.

I am still looking for a RB btw
Thank you v6. I wish I could help you on the RB situation but I'm looking for the same thing...

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
trying to figure out how PDRs defense/SPT has 20 pts already from a single 34 yard kick return.
And this. D/ST's start with points and can then lose them, not the other way around. They get 10 points for allowing 0 yards (start of game) and 10 points for allowing 0 points (start of game). They can lose those points by giving up those things. They can also gain points with things as well. I don't think kick returns gains anything for a D/ST actually...I'm not sure.

Last edited by HT; 09-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

If you guys think that was a fair trade, more power to ya. I do think the LM should use a little more discretion that.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'm the League Manager. What type of discretion do you want? If two teams each thought a trade was perfectly even, then why would they even trade? If that's how its going to work, then lets work out a league where all the players are distributed each week as evenly as possible so that no one has an advantage in any game. That would be more fun.

And as the Commish, by the way, go ahead and try to pawn your team off, see how that works...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop
Why cry "foul?"

1 or 2 players more than likely will not win a league. Adding two guys to a drafted team that already contains players capable of that does win you leagues. Especially when the players you gave up do not have that ability.

Originally Posted by ht11121991
I also provided the #1 receiver for St. Louis in the trade. Nobody seems to notice that.
Mark Clayton is their #1, and even that isn't saying much.

I love how ya'll are calling foul when I just put together a solid team...

I put together a solid team at draft and made one trade, and now I'm cheating. This is ridiculous.
You put together a solid team by rapping that guy, so there is a difference between that and drafting a solid team. No way you could have drafted the players you now have in WEEK 2 in a 16 team league.

In my opinion as the LM you should not have taken that deal. If you win the league, which is pretty much a lock unless you suffer massive injuries, its just going to come back to how you pulled off this robbery. Pretty much takes any fun out of winning in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

its week two guys, granted that trade was pretty one sided and he was lucky most of us paid no attention to vetoing it (i know i didn't) but who cares! it happened i personally think other teams have a good chance in winning. you could make a good case for my team (considering i have santonio holmes coming back in week 4 and all i need is a decent RB) among others. i'm just glad i made it through this week with the matchups i faced. he does have a pretty stacked team now but i think what made the deal so one sided was miles austin being a part of it. just my two cents
Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

btw, he's not even undefeated still so who's to say he's a lock!? everyone needs to just chill b/c anything could happen in a NFL season...he has picked up some quality players that noone else paid attention to as well if you look at his bench
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

No, tek, Laurent Robinson is the St. Louis Rams #1 receiver. Look at their depth chart. And that is nothing? I mean, the team throws the ball 40-50 times a game . . . that many chances makes a receiver on their team capable of a lot.

And you're right baker, I have picked up some quality players. Demaryius Thomas is owned in under 10% of leagues, but yet he's sitting on my bench after coming off an injury and getting 23 points. I'll start him any day of the week if he stays healthy.

And it's Week 2, and we've already decided that my team is a lock for the championship? A lot can happen between now and then...just keep playing...
Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 AM
tekzilla41
1st Gear Member

No, tek, Laurent Robinson is the St. Louis Rams #1 receiver. Look at their depth chart. And that is nothing? I mean, the team throws the ball 40-50 times a game . . . that many chances makes a receiver on their team capable of a lot.

And you're right baker, I have picked up some quality players. Demaryius Thomas is owned in under 10% of leagues, but yet he's sitting on my bench after coming off an injury and getting 23 points. I'll start him any day of the week if he stays healthy.
Mark Clayton: 12 catches for 143 yards and 2 TDs
Laurent Robinson: 4 Catches for 22 yards and 1 TD

With low level teams like the Rams and scrub players depth charts are fluid. #1 on the chart means nothing.

This has nothing to do with Rookie Wideouts that are on your bench, no one is complaining about that, its the pro bowlers you just stole. Go ahead and start D Thomas over Austin then this week....

Again, in most all leagues that trade would have got shot down.

Quick Reply: 2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle