Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want F/I in my 2010 GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
You beating them at the strip doesnt really mean anything... if they cant drive, they are gonna get beat by most. look at the trap speed, and youll know which car SHOULD have won if driven correctly.
Ditto.. a 12.8@117mph is way different than a 12.8@105mph

that 117 car will obviously rape the 105 car after the 1/4..
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I have the roush kit on my car and it maintains the factory warranty, the FRPP whipple kit does not. We have talked about this numerous times around here, so you can find tons of info on this around. That said, the FRPP kit voids your warranty on the drive train and offers only a 12/12 warranty on damage directly caused by the blower breaking. the roush m90 on the other hand gives you the full warranty just like ford offers and you can take it to any ford dealer.

you can get blown and keep a warranty, which is exactly what I wanted. As far as a bolt on S197 beating blown car, i would agree something was up with those other guys. i had an 05 (granted it was a vert) with the same basic mods minus the DS and running 3.55 gears and my blown 10 flat rapes the 05. Period. not calling bs on you misri, just saying something was up on that. The m90 gets hated on, and i say this every time, the kit for the 10 is totally different from the other years with different intake routing and a much larger intercool. My butt dyno here in the texas 106 degree heat tells me the car is as fast as it was in the cool fall weather. the car rips with the M90, don't believe the haters.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM
derockgt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM

you can get blown and keep a warranty, which is exactly what I wanted. As far as a bolt on S197 beating blown car, i would agree something was up with those other guys. i had an 05 (granted it was a vert) with the same basic mods minus the DS and running 3.55 gears and my blown 10 flat rapes the 05. Period. not calling bs on you misri, just saying something was up on that. The m90 gets hated on, and i say this every time, the kit for the 10 is totally different from the other years with different intake routing and a much larger intercool. My butt dyno here in the texas 106 degree heat tells me the car is as fast as it was in the cool fall weather. the car rips with the M90, don't believe the haters.
are there different pullies you can swap on the m90?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Back on track here.
According to my dealer who is also a Roush dealer. If i have the Roush supercharger installed by them the supercharger is covered under my 6 year 75,000 mile warranty and it does nothing to my cars Warranty.

Money is not the issue. I am graduating in May and I already have a great job lined up for when I get out of school. Plus I live with the folks for now so I would rather do this before I have a mortgage or kids. My car is going to be getting this done I just want to know what it is going to take to get this done right.

The MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES are:

1: The car not getting screwed up from lack of required equipment.

2: Keeping my car protected in the event something goes wrong with the car and the Warranty still covers it.

3: I want more power!

Last edited by StangRider89; 08-18-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

I have the roush kit on my car and it maintains the factory warranty, the FRPP whipple kit does not. We have talked about this numerous times around here, so you can find tons of info on this around. That said, the FRPP kit voids your warranty on the drive train and offers only a 12/12 warranty on damage directly caused by the blower breaking. the roush m90 on the other hand gives you the full warranty just like ford offers and you can take it to any ford dealer.

What was your cost to purchase and install that? I like your set up!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangRider89
What was your cost to purchase and install that? I like your set up!
the M90 kit for the 2010 cars is complete with 100% everything you need. You can get different tunes and pulleys for the kit if you want, VMP has a 500HP kit that will get you into the 430whp range, which is close to what the stock block will (allegedly) hold.

As for warranty, ford dealers will tell you a lot of things about how the warranty works and most of it is total BS. That bit about if the dealer installs it, its covered under the warranty is one of them. THAT specific dealer may warranty it, others probably wont. That said, Roush is the one who honors the warranty on a M90 car. You do not have to get it installed at the dealer for the warranty to be good. Roush says any ASE certified mechanic can install it, they will have to send along a copy of their ASE license or cert whatever the case may be.

i have had to use my warranty once and it works like this. I rolled the car into the dealer, they diagnosed, though they found the issue, roush agreed and paid for the repairs. The issue they though was wrong didn;t fix the car, roush still paid for the repair even though it didn't fix the car and the part they replaced wasn't broken as it turns out. It ended up being a cheap *** tranny sensor causing my woes and Ford had to fix it. Wasn't even roush's fault, yet they paid for what they thought was the issue and never asked me for money when it turned out to not be the issue. These guys stand 100% behind their product period.

that said, i bought my kit through yates for $4300, I found a local roush parts dealer to do the install for $600 and was out the door under $5000. I have zero regrets on buying this kit, it will give all the stock block will take and I have no intentions of getting into the motor on the car. IMHO it makes no sense to spend the extra money on a kit with more "potential" if you have no intentions of getting into the internals. In that case all the potential in the world stops at about 450whp until you go forged or have faith in a really good tune.

Talk to any of the guys on the s917 board here that have this kit, we are all very happy with the m90.

Last edited by ShaneM; 08-18-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Ditto Shane, plenty of power, the warranty and the install isn't that hard. Do expect lower gas mileage though, I'm about 15MPG but the blower is too much fun. People say, "you'll get used to the power and you'll want more power". I have gotten used to the power and it's still fun. For $4600, I got the chrome M90, you can't beat it!!

Good to hear about Roush and them ponying up for repairs, Shane.

And I didn't have the blower installed by a Ford dealer, but an ASE certified mechanic and still have the warranty for 3 years/36K miles. There was NOTHING in the warranty information from Roush about anything more than the standard factory warranty. I would call Roush, OP, don't listen to what the dealer says. I seriously doubt that Roush will give you the extended warranty.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help Shane and F4I Frank. Frank do you have a bigger picture of your chrome set up I cannot really see it in your signature? I am for sure going to go with Roush sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Now I just have to wait and save up some $$$.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Supporting mods would be suspension stuff (panhard bar and brace, LCA, springs & struts) and aluminum driveshaft wouldn't hurt. No sure if the roush comes with the fuel pump and other stuff I have the e-force. I would imagine if it keeps the stock warranty that stuff wouldn't get changed because your not running that much boost.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

he had stock 3.31s running an frpp s/c at 5.5psi in an auto.. 4.10 gears make quite a bit of difference. i'm know im not making as much power as him but that doesn't mean i dont accelerate faster through to a 1/4 mile no matter his trap.. everyone has stupid excuses well if it does this and that with this trap this means.. PPFFTTT what matters is who wins the race.

Quick Reply: Want F/I in my 2010 GT