Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want F/I in my 2010 GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Default Want F/I in my 2010 GT

Ok so this is not going to happen until next summer but I like to do my research. I will most likely go with the Roush super charger so that it is also protected by my factory warranty. My questions are:

1:What needs to be done to get ready for F/I?
2:What could get done to get ready?
3oes the kit come with most of the stuff. (fuel pump, injectors, ??)
4: Any other advice?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

usually you have to use their detuned low hp output and have it installed by an authorized dealer.. Saleen offers a warranty as well if you have it installed by their authorized dealers.. and Ford Racing I believe is the whipple supercharger? or atleast they look exactly the same, and that also can have a factory warranty.

Basically, what that does is it costs you an extra $3,000+ to order it and install it through them to warranty an engine that you can get for $1500. If I were after maintaing a warranty I'd probably go with a saleen installed by an authorized dealer and go with that warranty...

I'm just planning on paying off my car first then get the supercharger so if I blow it up I can just throw an alluminator block in there and crank up the boost a bit.. Whipple is my choice right now unless a better deal comes along. I Might also need a new tranny if i put out too much power with that whipple

btw, at the dragstrip a few weeks ago I raced 2 guys one with a ford racing and one with a rousch supercharger, both with the factory warrantied tunes.. I beat them both. I think you'll be disappointed with the expense.. the guy with the ford racing I believe said he spent $7000 on it? I have about $2500 in mods.

Last edited by Mishri; 08-17-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
usually you have to use their detuned low hp output and have it installed by an authorized dealer.. Saleen offers a warranty as well if you have it installed by their authorized dealers.. and Ford Racing I believe is the whipple supercharger? or atleast they look exactly the same, and that also can have a factory warranty.

Basically, what that does is it costs you an extra $3,000+ to order it and install it through them to warranty an engine that you can get for $1500. If I were after maintaing a warranty I'd probably go with a saleen installed by an authorized dealer and go with that warranty...

I'm just planning on paying off my car first then get the supercharger so if I blow it up I can just throw an alluminator block in there and crank up the boost a bit.. Whipple is my choice right now unless a better deal comes along. I Might also need a new tranny if i put out too much power with that whipple

btw, at the dragstrip a few weeks ago I raced 2 guys one with a ford racing and one with a rousch supercharger, both with the factory warrantied tunes.. I beat them both. I think you'll be disappointed with the expense.. the guy with the ford racing I believe said he spent $7000 on it? I have about $2500 in mods.

You beating them at the strip doesnt really mean anything... if they cant drive, they are gonna get beat by most. look at the trap speed, and youll know which car SHOULD have won if driven correctly.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

One thing you can do to get ready is to save up for how much everything is going to cost....

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 08-18-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
derockgt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
You beating them at the strip doesnt really mean anything... if they cant drive, they are gonna get beat by most. look at the trap speed, and youll know which car SHOULD have won if driven correctly.
agree.

i would go with the whipple 550hp kit. you can also order different pullies for you "mood" on boost.

Last edited by derockgt; 08-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

If you go with the intercooled HO setup be prepared to pay decent money for the Whipple or Kenne Bell installed, around $7k, and you'll be saying goodbye to warranty support.
Sure, the Ford/Roush setup might have some limited warranty but people have fallen foul of it's limitations and the kit they use is around 100hp less.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

If you are concerned about maintaining a warranty, I'd recommend skipping the FI all together frankly.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
I can't look at their traps, didn't get slips, got a hand written note with my time on it.. but I was pulling away from the guy with the ford racing one and he had an auto too so that is out of the equation. they only run 5.5psi with those factory warranties. and he was otherwise stock except for better tires.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

What's a "warranty"?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
I can't look at their traps, didn't get slips, got a hand written note with my time on it.. but I was pulling away from the guy with the ford racing one
That car should have 400hp @ the crank non IC. It should out trap a bolt on s197 no problem. So it "should" have won. Something else was going on there. Your gearing, traction, or some other factor took over. Or his car wasn't running right.

Quick Reply: Want F/I in my 2010 GT