Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GT Clutch Replaced @ 6000k

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 PM
greenhornet923
1st Gear Member

Default 2011 GT Clutch Replaced @ 6000k

OK so the other day I had an issue with my clutch pedal sinking to the floor..It felt like I was bleeding breaks..It still shifted like before but the pedal grabbed right off the floor..So I made an appointment with Ford and received a call today..The service guy told me we have to replace the clutch..I was like is it covered under warranty and the tech goes Ford will do a courtesy one time since its under 12,000 miles and 6 months..I just cant believe the clutch went..I babied it and this is my about 20th stick car and 9th stang..No burnouts, no track time nothing at all..It just doesn't make any kinda sense..Just be aware if your clutch is feeling odd take it to the dealer and see what they say..This might be a common issue now..Any one else experiencing this issue..I am not sure Ford has any idea what the real issue is b/c the clutch wasn't slipping and its just easier to replace everything just in-case..I am just happy Ford is covering this..This might have been defective??Well I hope no one else runs into this with there new 5.0..I will keep everyone posted when I get more infor
Old 08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
onegoal
Banned

WTF? The dealer said replace it only once? It's 3 year 36,000 warranty. Why would they only replace it once?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by greenhornet923
OK so the other day I had an issue with my clutch pedal sinking to the floor..It felt like I was bleeding breaks..It still shifted like before but the pedal grabbed right off the floor..So I made an appointment with Ford and received a call today..The service guy told me we have to replace the clutch..I was like is it covered under warranty and the tech goes Ford will do a courtesy one time since its under 12,000 miles and 6 months..I just cant believe the clutch went..I babied it and this is my about 20th stick car and 9th stang..No burnouts, no track time nothing at all..It just doesn't make any kinda sense..Just be aware if your clutch is feeling odd take it to the dealer and see what they say..This might be a common issue now..Any one else experiencing this issue..I am not sure Ford has any idea what the real issue is b/c the clutch wasn't slipping and its just easier to replace everything just in-case..I am just happy Ford is covering this..This might have been defective??Well I hope no one else runs into this with there new 5.0..I will keep everyone posted when I get more infor
I am aware that there are clutch pedal assembly problems with some early 2011's that caused the pedal to go to the floor but I've not read anything about clutch problems.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

well, that sucks, clutch crapping out in only 6K miles.
Not to sound like an ***, but are you new to manual?

No offense intended; because prior to buying my own 2011 5.0, I haven't driven a stick in nearly 10 years.
But for me, stick is like riding a bike, I didn't forget, and just by driving the car home, I learnt it all really fast again. wq
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Read your warranty carefully. Certain items like the clutch, brake pads, etc. are maintenance items and are only covered for 1 year or 12k miles.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
well, that sucks, clutch crapping out in only 6K miles.
Not to sound like an ***, but are you new to manual?

No offense intended; because prior to buying my own 2011 5.0, I haven't driven a stick in nearly 10 years.
But for me, stick is like riding a bike, I didn't forget, and just by driving the car home, I learnt it all really fast again. wq
He said it's his 20th manual and 9th Mustang, so I don't think he is new to a manual
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Here's the post on the clutch pedal fix, just in case you want to check it out.
==> https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...issue-fix.html
Old 08-20-2010, 06:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
WTF? The dealer said replace it only once? It's 3 year 36,000 warranty. Why would they only replace it once?
Unfortunately, they do not cover the clutch. The dealers (all of them I went to) said the warranties "do not cover things that wear out:wipers, brake pads, air filters, and clutches"
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
Here's the post on the clutch pedal fix, just in case you want to check it out.
==> https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...issue-fix.html
I remember that thread, and the fix they mentioned.

But I am curious, why is it that the pedal does that only at high RPM and not at any other RPM?
From the looks of it, the pedal looks prone to doing that even at only 1000RPM if you step on it hard enough.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:14 PM
greenhornet923
1st Gear Member

This is why I am happy Ford is going to take care of this bc its a wearable part..But this might have been a defect from the factory..I believe I received one of the 1st 5.0 off the line..Like I said Ford will actually be doing me a favor saying they will replace a wearable part as a one time courtesy..I wanted to post this to inform everyone of another clutch issue

Quick Reply: 2011 GT Clutch Replaced @ 6000k