Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 GT AKA "The Bloody Angel"

Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

i pulled it off of dragtimes.com, used their weather data for 4/9/11, i think i put in the worst possible time, like 72 degrees and 15% humidity and 29.46 pressure, somthing like that.

I actually dreamed last night that my new GT was sitting at the dealership.. and customers were messing with it and they wouldn't let me take it home yet grrr.. i want it. oh and in my dream the dealership also told me they wouldn't take my 2007 GT as a trade-in.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-11-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Here are all the vids of my buddy and I racing this weekend... Let me know what yall think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuoZ4mB8WU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csr24YoG_9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXH9cSaFO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYVIP9Vhbyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7UZiFw2iM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0cJeiS2x18

Enjoy everyone...

Last edited by mtflyboy25; 04-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Great Videos, nice to see Mustangs putting down good numbers.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TexasTanker19kilo20
Great Videos, nice to see Mustangs putting down good numbers.
Thanks! I think I might get an alignment, rotate my tires, and try it again this weekend!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
Thanks! I think I might get an alignment, rotate my tires, and try it again this weekend!
im trying to clear up everything to hit the track next week also. Just waiting on my ignition box. If the ignition box doesnt show in time, I might just go to watch. Don't wanna risk racing the car with no rev limiter, haha
Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

Nice car!! Please don't take this the wrong way but something is wrong, you are .7 of a sec slower than a stock GT. That car should be low to mid 12's on stock rubber. Does everything fell like it should with the car? Where do you think you are losing that 1 to 1.5 sec. at? You where only .3sec from a good 2sec 60'. It is not easy getting 1.8 60' on those stock tires like riptide is saying.

You are not that heavy, my 100% stock car is 3640lbs with a full tank and no one in it. You lost weight with your DS and exhaust but put it back with your music. I don't know man, you got me thinking twice about which upgrades I should get, lol. I want to go with mine to get some stock baseline runs but I just made 1500 miles, she aint ready yet.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragonetti
Nice car!! Please don't take this the wrong way but something is wrong, you are .7 of a sec slower than a stock GT. That car should be low to mid 12's on stock rubber. Does everything fell like it should with the car? Where do you think you are losing that 1 to 1.5 sec. at? You where only .3sec from a good 2sec 60'. It is not easy getting 1.8 60' on those stock tires like riptide is saying.

You are not that heavy, my 100% stock car is 3640lbs with a full tank and no one in it. You lost weight with your DS and exhaust but put it back with your music. I don't know man, you got me thinking twice about which upgrades I should get, lol. I want to go with mine to get some stock baseline runs but I just made 1500 miles, she aint ready yet.
**COLORADO**

highest elevation track in the US. cars are SLOW here, we lose about 18% horsepower due to extreme elevation. stock 4.6l S197 GT's run low 15's high 14's here.

get use to it mtflyboy25. I always have to explain the elevation to people that just don't get it.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
im trying to clear up everything to hit the track next week also. Just waiting on my ignition box. If the ignition box doesnt show in time, I might just go to watch. Don't wanna risk racing the car with no rev limiter, haha
I feel you there man.. Having the stock one is nice haha.. I cant blow it up unless I try rele rele hard...

Originally Posted by Dragonetti

I did those runs on 2900 miles.. In colorado... Thank you 302army187... That is 5800 feet above seal level bro. So yeah we have no power up here. This is also why the newer camaros with their larger displacement are even worse and the 4 bangers are pretty fast. The 4 bangers dont lose as much. More displacement = more loss for NA cars. So yeah I can do faster, but those were pretty good times.

Originally Posted by 302army187
**COLORADO**

highest elevation track in the US. cars are SLOW here, we lose about 18% horsepower due to extreme elevation. stock 4.6l S197 GT's run low 15's high 14's here.

get use to it mtflyboy25. I always have to explain the elevation to people that just don't get it.
hahah yeah I am seeing that... Sad thing is I have never driven the car anywhere but at altitude... This car will scare the livin crap outta me if I take it anywhere else hahah..
Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

it's actually because the 4 bangers are running at minimum higher compression, but usually forced induction, there is a discussi with all the fine points on it in the stree/strip/racers bench seciton. basically, the air is at 14.73psi at sea level and up there its like 11psi(or notve the exact figure) so to compensate you need to increase the psi in your engine, n2o or turbo's are best for that. but it isn't a direct 3.73psi = sea level atmosphere the forumals are in the other section, you would need like 25-30psi turbo to negate the effects up there atleast.. maybe more. and it's still possible to run faster at sea level with your same setup (unless you are fuel limited or too much power would blow the engine/tranny) n2o is closer to being an equalizer (they call it atmospherre in a bottle) but i still see times much slower in the mountains than at sea level, leaving me to suspect n2o mostly helps with temp/humidity issues.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
it's actually because the 4 bangers are running at minimum higher compression, but usually forced induction, there is a discussi with all the fine points on it in the stree/strip/racers bench seciton. basically, the air is at 14.73psi at sea level and up there its like 11psi(or notve the exact figure) so to compensate you need to increase the psi in your engine, n2o or turbo's are best for that. but it isn't a direct 3.73psi = sea level atmosphere the forumals are in the other section, you would need like 25-30psi turbo to negate the effects up there atleast.. maybe more. and it's still possible to run faster at sea level with your same setup (unless you are fuel limited or too much power would blow the engine/tranny) n2o is closer to being an equalizer (they call it atmospherre in a bottle) but i still see times much slower in the mountains than at sea level, leaving me to suspect n2o mostly helps with temp/humidity issues.
Yeah.. haha.. I did know that, my buddy and I were discussing it earlier... Also talking about how the smaller engines lose less hp because they take less air than we do without our CAIs and big engines lol... So yeah lol.. But i do agree with you and screw the mountains...

Separate note I will be at Brandimere again this Saturday Im gonna get this down!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2011 GT AKA "The Bloody Angel"