Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang V6
Jason Purcell

Very happy that I own this car.

Putting the top down at 10 pm, driving home in the dark, the highway in front of me, the moon above me, is an excellent way to end the day.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When Motor Trend first debuted the S197 in 2004, my heart skipped a beat! I knew I had to have one! Growing up in the '60s, I loved the 1969 Boss Mustang but at the time, I was too young to drive one.
I'm so happy Ford reinvented the Legend! I only have 8K miles on mine!

Blue Mustang Registry #363
07 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I always LIKED Stangs but I fell in love with the S197 in '05 SOLELY for the retro look to the '66 (or thereabout). I don't have an '06 AND '07 sitting side-by-side in the garage for nutin'...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I run out of money before I run out of interest
Old 08-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT 04 SRT Ram

I remember really liking the exterior and interior, but when I saw the Highland Green in the showroom I knew it had to be mine.

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed dyno tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #16
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Convertible Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT View Post
I was thinking about this last night when I was buffing and waxing my car... I have been really wanting a c6 vette/03 cobra, but the more I look at them, the more I think ****. There is no way I could trade this car for anything. I absolutely love it. 43k miles since Jan. 4, 2007. Pretty sure I'll be paying cash for my next car and keeping this till the day I die. S197 FTW!
Other cars are nice but, I agree with you. Trading an S197 for another style or brand car would a major "I wish I didn't trade that Mustang" stomping in the back of my head and would probably lose sleep over it. The only thing I want to trade my Mustang in for is another Mustang. I don't want to trade it in. I'd like to have another one. A white 2011 V6 with the electronics package & glass roof would do it for me.
Reverse Camera, Magnaflow Axle Backs, Lloyd Floor Mats
Mustangmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #17
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: ...

I have owned my 2008 GT for a little over a year now and I love it. First Ford and I hope I can keep it forever.....only wish the cupholders were in a different spot.
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #18
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT and 04 Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
I have owned my 2008 GT for a little over a year now and I love it. First Ford and I hope I can keep it forever.....only wish the cupholders were in a different spot.
Ha! I know right!? WTH Ford? I sat in the car for ten mins and discovered my cupholder was def gonna be my cell phone / wallet holder instead....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #19
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchi View Post
Ha! I know right!? WTH Ford? I sat in the car for ten mins and discovered my cupholder was def gonna be my cell phone / wallet holder instead....
yep, seems like they designed the car and forgot about the cupholders and put them in at the last minute. Makes it interesting driving to work with a cup of coffee....
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 GT

Had mine for a few years now. Bought used w/4500 on it. Have 18 on it now. No big complaints. Overall I'm happy with it.

Only thing I regret is choosing a black car. Wish I had got silver, white, or gray instead.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, 410, birthday, body, daily, driver, fox, gears, gt, mustang, s197, s1975, spacer, speeds, struts, throttle, type, v6