Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L Intake and Bama Tune Installed on my 2010 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Default C&L Intake and Bama Tune Installed on my 2010 GT

Hey guys, so I received my C&L intake and SCT tuner from Bama / American Muscle yesterday. I ordered it Monday, so the turn-around was good, and service as always was top notch from AM. The tuner arrived very nicely packaged in a special box with foam cut-outs for all the various little doodads and the tuner. It came with a metal dash plaque with my name on it, customer number, and the AM/Bama logo. I don't think I'd actually stick this thing to anything, but nonetheless, a very nice touch. This kit went on a 2010 GT with an automatic trans...

Install of the C&L was very easy. The instructions contained no pictures, but were very concise, and I had zero problems understanding them or doing the install in about 20 minutes. Installing the tune was the usual SCT device fare, no issues to report. It takes about 10 minutes the first time around as always, while the stock tune is saved off, etc.

I loaded the 91 octane Race tune, and as part of the job, I also pulled out the foam plug on the "noise induction" tube inside the driver's side foot well, snipped it in 1/2 and put 1/2 back in there. I wanted louder in the cabin, but not obnoxious. I can always stick the other 1/2 in there too for returning to stock noise levels.

Upon starting the car as usual, it was instantly obvious that something had changed. The sound from the intake is much more pronounced than stock, and comes through very cool into the cabin. Sounds very mean. The difference in performance is quite obvious, and the car feels much more aggressive to throttle input. The automatic can now chirp the tires going into 2nd and 3rd gears, and also in general its quite a bit punchier and quicker.

As expected, the difference between stock and intake/tune was not quite as pronounced as it was on my 2007 or 2009 GTs, since the 2010's were tweaked and faster to begin with. Still, there is quite a large difference. I would say on the 07 and 09 the words were "holy @#$&!!" and on this one its more of a "wow, cool!".

Anyhow, here are some pics. I have some new SSS Terminator mufflers on order too, but those haven't shown yet. Hopefully by next weekend I can have them on...

Old 09-04-2010, 05:11 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

That's awesome! Great review. Glad you have you as a customer!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
That's awesome! Great review. Glad you have you as a customer!
Thanks Chris! You guys are doing an awesome job over there. Hey, I've seen mention of some sort of "all-out" tune with your name it...? Is this something that differs from the race tune I got, or am I totally not remembering what I saw correctly?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

cool, congrats on the new CAI/tune.. I ran mine faithfully for the 2 1/2 years I was NA, combined with 4.10s I swore I was king of the streets lulz
Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice congrats.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, I'd like to get some gears put in, but I can't find a shop around here so far... I may have to consider a stealership.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

the 4.10 gears is one of my fav mods
Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah I had put 3.73s on my 09. If I ever do gears again it'll be 4.10s. I might also consider doing a driveshaft instead. I can probably install that myself...
Old 09-05-2010, 11:34 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Thanks Chris! You guys are doing an awesome job over there. Hey, I've seen mention of some sort of "all-out" tune with your name it...? Is this something that differs from the race tune I got, or am I totally not remembering what I saw correctly?
The Bama race tune has all of those elements in it plus more from Mike Wilson's database. We've combined the best work we have for that file!
Old 09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

What can someone except to see from a Race Tune in a manual 2010 GT? From what I can tell there is a noticeable difference in the automatics, but what doe you see by just adding a tune to an otherwise stock manual 2010 GT

Quick Reply: C&L Intake and Bama Tune Installed on my 2010 GT