Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod sounds more muffled than the radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I had that same iSimple ipod adapter. Hotrod may have had good experiences with it....I didnt. The company or product iSimple is the same as peripherial, and if you do a search on this or other mustang sites for peripherial ipod adapters, you will get some good reading. Numerous problems caused by this adapter including dash light errors, engine code errors, etc to name a few (and there were numerous ones).

I had one for a year...(consider I park mine every november till march). No problems initially, but eventually I got all those listed problems and much more. The day I removed it I havent had a problem since. The company eventually removed the device from compatablity with mustangs. I think around 2008 they reintroduced a 'reworked' version. I cannot speak from experience on this, but I'm pretty sure even it had problems too. Some of them mght have been people buying what they thought was a new, second edition one only to find out it was a first edition one that whatever place they bought it from still had in stock. But thats only conjecture on my part.

I eventually broke down and purchased a Brandmotion one. I've never had one error problem with it. It connects and works the same as the iSimple one. Hands free and through the radio. Sound quality is every bit as good as headphones through iPod. I am only in the process of removing mine as I am very close to purchasing a new head unit and will get one that has built in iPod compatability so I will no longer need mine.

Andretti