Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Sagging Mufflers - Rotten Look

Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Musclejunkie

Default 2011 Sagging Mufflers - Rotten Look

My new 11 Mustang should be here any day and I'm really looking forward to it. After thoroughly researching the car, driving every config on the lot, I ordered my car. Only thing that REALLY doesn't thrill me is the sagging bright mufflers. Hey Ford! Just what are you thinking? Looks Cheap like domestic cars in the 80's. I don't get it. Previous year Mustangs have the muffler completely hidden which looks clean and cool. Why the change. This looks like absolute crap!

First thing I'm gonna do is rip the stock crap off, even though I do like the exhaust "sound". Anyone know an aftermarket fix that won't make my Stang sound like a cheap jap tuner car?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:26 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

whats with the quotes on sound, are you implying what it makes is not sound?

there are plenty of axel back options out there now, borla, mrt, flowmaster, etc. Do your research, look on youtube for videos
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Personally I don't see the hatred for seeing a bit of the muffler hanging below the rear fascia but anyway. You could also check out maybe a roush rear valence which might hang a little lower and hide the mufflers.

Anyway, try looking into Roush and Borla for good ableback exhaust options in my opinion, and of course you could always go with flowmaster or one of the classic companies such as that
Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

All of the aftermarket exhausts I've heard have come out sounding quite like an opened-up 350/370Z. If you consider those cars "cheap jap tuner" cars, well, perhaps you should have purchased something different, as by a direct comparison, I would say you are driving a "cheap white-trash tuner" car.

If the V6 Mustang should ever aspire to be compared to a 350/370Z, then you should be proud.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

I've got a Roush valance and it doesn't hang lower or hide the mufflers any better than the stock one. I put Magnaflow Magnapacks on mine and the look is much cleaner.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I have the flowmaster 40's...They didn't show with the stock valance, still don't with the Roush.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Go look at the two large frying pan mufflers on the new Camaros. Now thats ugly.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:35 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You mean your nuts are hanging?

When I saw a '11 v6 on the lot, I was not thrilled at the look of the dual tips. You can blatantly tell they put tips on it. Look at aftermarket kits. AM is and has supposedly putting up high quality sound clips. Go check it out.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

paint the body of the muffler black. Hides them and prevents rust at the welds.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I had some Flowmaster Hushpower Pro's installed on my 2007 today. GREAT sound. Not too loud but nice and deep...mellow tone. Will probably even sound good with an off road pipe, may swap mine back on this weekend.

There's many vids/sound bites of them on 2011's out there. They were some of the first axle backs for the 11's to hit the market.

I'd contemplated putting the stock mufflers back on, even went as far as tracking some down for free but couldn't bear to have those gray cans hanging back there...I see where you're coming from.

The round straight through mufflers are black so you can hardly see them from behind. They look like straight pipes. EDIT: I see you have a V6, I keep having to remember they have duals now. I'm sure the hushpowers would sound great on the V6. They are deep, not brassy or raspy, should sound great.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 09-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Sagging Mufflers - Rotten Look