Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst morning ever

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

I find it hard to believe the TCS just shut off. The TCS light will flash on when the computer sense a loss of traction which I imagine is what happened. Mabey you mistook the TCS light for the brake fluid light. IDK, just trying to throw an answer out there.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cjs06
I find it hard to believe the TCS just shut off. The TCS light will flash on when the computer sense a loss of traction which I imagine is what happened. Mabey you mistook the TCS light for the brake fluid light. IDK, just trying to throw an answer out there.
The roads in Italy are quite slick when it rains (apparently they mix marble in their roads which causes a very slick surface sometimes), anyway, it means I lose traction quite a bit when accelerating from a stand still when its wet. I will even try to be careful, but sometimes it kicks out a little. Like cjs06 said the TCS light will flash when your tires spin faster than they should be but that doesn't mean your TCS shut off, it means your car lost traction and the TCS is trying to work its magic. So try to recall if it actually said the TCS was off or if the light was just flashing. As for the break fluid, I have no clue. A tip for next time (not sure what you did when the car broke lose), but let off the power, counter steer and focus on where you want the car to go. Its called target fixation. If you focus on a point, your body will subconsciously make the corrections needed to go there. I tend to either dump the clutch or get off the power before I start to lose the back end totally, but sometimes these things just happen. You just need to stay calm and regain control of the car. Oh, check the tread life on your tires. If their losing control more than they should, it might be time to get new ones.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I've spun a few times just after it rained because I wasn't paying attention. Learned my lesson though. I too find it hard to believe that TCS just randomly turned off.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

^thats my friend.....
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 AM
LinkWilliams
1st Gear Member

Just a little input.... I work for Toyota and I know on their traction control system when the brake fluid is too low it WILL turn traction control OFF. Even a check engine light will turn the system off in some cases. There is a TSB on a water leak for our cars, I would check into that.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:46 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

I now see where u guys dont get me, and its because i didnt explain thoroughly...t he TC didnt just randomly shut off...when the brake fluid message kicked on, the TC shut off...so when i pressed the accelorator the tires spun out...i do apologize for the confusion, its my fault for not explaining correctly...my main focus is trying to figure out why this happened...theres no leak of any kind
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LinkWilliams
Just a little input.... I work for Toyota and I know on their traction control system when the brake fluid is too low it WILL turn traction control OFF. Even a check engine light will turn the system off in some cases. There is a TSB on a water leak for our cars, I would check into that.
I'll look into that, thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 08:38 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
Sounds like a mistake a young man makes when he's never lost control and never had a bad wreck in inclement weather. I've been there and done that, and it sucked. Totaled my truck in 1994 and it's a miracle I'm alive. I wasn't wearing my seat belt, but the steering wheel had finger nail intentions after rolling over 4 times. It was stupid of me to drive that fast in the rain (just started raining lightly - the worst time for traction), downhill and around a corner while riding on low tread all terrain tires. I was 18 years old, I'm 34 now. A lot has been learned since then.

OP, glad you are OK and your car is not damaged. I have no idea what the issue is other than you were driving beyond the limits of the car when the roads are wet.
+1, I've learned my lesson already.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by killdar
make sure to get an alignment
ROLF! Considering he has a brake problem, I think alignment is the last thing on his mind
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
I can't believe no one is calling BS! Anybody's traction control ever turn it self off here? I think not! Carry on TROLL
Actually, my TCS turned off spontaneously once...when I was stepping on it, shifting fast, and my hand slipped off the **** and my pinkie landed on the TCS button! And since the hazard light is next to the TCS button, my hazard lights spontaneously turned on too!

Quick Reply: Worst morning ever