Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst morning ever

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Default Worst morning ever

So i get in my car this morning, start the engine and take off...i make my way down this very windy road(remind you that its very slick with water)...no problems. Then i pulled up to a stop sign, look both ways and there's no cars coming...as soon as i hit the gas to go, my car flashes a message saying "brake fluid low" my traction control shuts off which causes my tires to spin and the back end of the car to fishtail...and as it is doing this, a car is coming at me so i had to swirve the opposite way, causing me to jump a high curb and almost smashed into a pole. I driv a little ways down the road and pull off to the side and see if there is damage which Thank God their wasnt...i look under the hood and my brake fluid resivoir was FULL...what gives here? Is this an easy fix for my dealer, or is it one of those lemon law things?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

make sure to get an alignment
Old 10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Thats already on my list of things to do...49 views & 1 reply? N e body have n e insight on y this happened?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:29 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Traction control shutting down doesn't cause anybody to automatically fishtail as is your inference. You had to have been on the gas for that. Or is that your style? To just drive around on the TCS ?
Plus, where did this other car magically come from? You said it was clear....

Story sounds too defensive to me.

N e body have n e insight on y this happened?
For real ?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Me saying it was clear doesnt mean the car was a mile down the road, im saying it was clear for me to go...and yes i was on the gas, i never sed it wasnt...my question is why the traction control just shut off and my car sed that my brake fluid was low wen it wasnt
Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Traction control shutting down doesn't cause anybody to automatically fishtail as is your inference. You had to have been on the gas for that. Or is that your style? To just drive around on the TCS ?
Plus, where did this other car magically come from? You said it was clear....

Story sounds too defensive to me.

For real ?
I agree with you 100%.

The ground was wet, you floored it from a stop, and you are confused why you lost control?

Last edited by Adam; 10-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a mistake a young man makes when he's never lost control and never had a bad wreck in inclement weather. I've been there and done that, and it sucked. Totaled my truck in 1994 and it's a miracle I'm alive. I wasn't wearing my seat belt, but the steering wheel had finger nail intentions after rolling over 4 times. It was stupid of me to drive that fast in the rain (just started raining lightly - the worst time for traction), downhill and around a corner while riding on low tread all terrain tires. I was 18 years old, I'm 34 now. A lot has been learned since then.

OP, glad you are OK and your car is not damaged. I have no idea what the issue is other than you were driving beyond the limits of the car when the roads are wet.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Does your car leak when it rains? Water might have gotten in the SJB, causes all kinds of electrical weirdness.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
So i get in my car this morning, start the engine and take off...i make my way down this very windy road(remind you that its very slick with water)...no problems. Then i pulled up to a stop sign, look both ways and there's no cars coming...as soon as i hit the gas to go, my car flashes a message saying "brake fluid low" my traction control shuts off which causes my tires to spin and the back end of the car to fishtail...and as it is doing this, a car is coming at me so i had to swirve the opposite way, causing me to jump a high curb and almost smashed into a pole. I driv a little ways down the road and pull off to the side and see if there is damage which Thank God their wasnt...i look under the hood and my brake fluid resivoir was FULL...what gives here? Is this an easy fix for my dealer, or is it one of those lemon law things?
I guess I'm a little dense after 24+hrs without sleep, but what the hell are you trying to communicate here?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

My first thought was like the rest. How do you break lose, when traction control goes off? I drive with traction control off unless it's raining, with a intake/tune, and the stock 17" tires and never broke lose when it wasn't wanted, so horseplay was obviously happening here with you.

Anyway, maybe your having issues with your car, because your flooring your car at every stop light with traction control ON.

Either way, you're OK, the car is OK. Respect rear wheel drive cars in the rain, powered by 4.6 liter v8, than you'll be OK next time. I think we're all just happy you didn't pull this when the road was icey. Could have been a completely different story.

Quick Reply: Worst morning ever