Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple HO or Roushcharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

the problem is that everyone want that mystical Whipple name.

We all agree the Whipple has more HP and TQ out the gate, and far on down the road.

But many people instantly discount the Roush. Which is stupid. Having had the Roushcharger before, I can tell you it's a great blower. People see these 450+ HP #'s all over the internet and think they just have to have that power.
Many would **** themselves if they actually drove a car with that kind of power levels.

Especially if they can spend under $4,000 to get 400 RWHP with safe tuning and 100% reliability with the RoushCharger.

and an easy 420-450 RWHP with that blower + better tuning + the normal supporting mods.

The Roushcharger will max out sooner than a Whipple/Saleen/Magnacharger/Centri Blower...so what? It will still get you safely 500+ crank HP...aka 420-250 RWHP

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I always crack up when people are worried they will get "tired" of 420+ rwhp.

"Damn, this car is boring. It only has 500hp."
too true

sorry, my vote is for the RoushCharger. Not even a question. 1/2 the price of the Whipple, for not alot less performance. Spend the other $3,500 you'd spend on a Whipple to do supporting mods and make your Mustang even more badass.
You can have a faster, more capable car if you focus on the whole thing. not just slap a Whipple on the motor.

You'll still get your *** kicked by the guy next to you if you can't handle or get traction, but he can
Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Woah relax I'm not some 17 year old kid with my new GT lol. I've driven plenty of very fast cars and can def handle it. If you've had a fast car you have to know no matter what power level you always get used to it after a while and want more power.

I think I may go with the roush because it can probably make all the power the stock motor can take and save me money. I Think in the future when I forge the motor I can upgrade to a larger blower. The 4.10s should make the car with a blower pretty quick.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

The theme of the question is I know for a fact ill eventually forge the motor and along with that probably want more Power than the m90 can make. So do I get the whipple knowing ill want the extra power later or buy the roush now cas its a steal and upgrade down the line (years)?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

lol I was just messing with you man. An upgraded M90 with 4.10s, and maybe a driveshaft is going to be pretty beastly on a street car. It'll be enough to pop a stock block, thats for sure.

I've had plenty of fast cars as well, and the problem always lies in the "breaking point". As soon as you go forged and want to put down 550-650 rwhp or whatever, you'll need probably 10 grand plus in supporting mods at least, because the stock tranny, clutch, suspension, etc etc aren't going to hold. This is how I always look at it anyway... theres a fine line between spending the money to get to the edge, then dumping loads of it to go way beyond...

If you're positive you are going the mega-expensive route in the end, buy the Whipple now and save yourself the money/hassle later...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

my post wasn't pointed at anybody in here....but there are several "17 year olds" on this site that think all blowers are worthless unless they are Whipple.

and they think anything under 450 HP is too weak

save some money now and see where you sit later on. blower + full bolt ons will make alot of power.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Well how far I will go is uncertain at this point but what Is certain is I am keeping this car for good and one day it will need a new motor....its just a given to upgrade with a rebuild.

and its all in good fun man!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Well that's what I'm leaning toward tylus. Save more money now and gauge what I want for the future....
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Any links to the blower for $3500???
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2#ht_685wt_939

Thats listed as 07/08 fitment, so I'm not sure the difference on your 2006... If that were a 2010 kit, you wouldn't be able to buy it on there, because I would have a minute ago.

EDIT: Wait, here you go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...s#ht_683wt_939
Old 10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I've had the m90 for six months now, put it on the car at 1200 miles on the ODO and i drive it like i stole it with no fear of the motor blowing. roush would not offer a warranty if that blower was going to kill the stock block and it's a simple as that. Put the right fuel in it and that motor will run as long as you have that car. As for upgrades down the road, you can just buy the tvs blower from rous, bolt it on the intercooler form the M90, it's the same, and you have your upgrade path. Honestly, the price between a m90 now and the TVS as an upgrade later isn;t that huge with the blower at the price it is.

Lots of folks think they want 600hp until reality of poor street conditions and street tires hits them with a cloud of smoke and the taillights of cars with less power and more traction lol i love my m90, best money i ever spent. I have yet to get tired of the thing and the truth is with the m90 your car will be one of the fastest on the road at any given time. Blown cars in my neck of the woods are not common.

Quick Reply: Whipple HO or Roushcharger