Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple HO or Roushcharger

Old 10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

my frpp 07 550 whipple H.O. was mustang dyno'd at 469 h.p. and 443 lbs. torque. i called ford about the high #'s and he said don't mess with it at all. it is tuned with factory exhaust. it is extremely safe!!! but i added LT and h pipe and lost power and torque!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
my frpp 07 550 whipple H.O. was mustang dyno'd at 469 h.p. and 443 lbs. torque. i called ford about the high #'s and he said don't mess with it at all. it is tuned with factory exhaust. it is extremely safe!!! but i added LT and h pipe and lost power and torque!!!
That's happens with long tubes I had to change to a smaller pulley because it wasn't building as much boost as motors with manifolds. It's because it lets the air move out faster than exhaust manifolds.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Whipple FTMFW!

Really not a fair comparison IMO.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Positive displacement? Do you know why people who want big power "and" the ability to use it run Turbo's or Centy blower? Because both can produce more power than a TC/SC and let you put it to the ground without wheel spin. And its under 6K in price for a fully polished version.
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Yea that's why I said he really needs to do some more research before making his decesion. :-)

The edelbrock.

Don't run a supercharger without an intercooler not a good idea although it can be done.
Guys, believe me I'm not jumping into this and I've been researching a blower for my car since the day I got it over 4 years ago. Before that I did research on supercharging my '87 LX. I'm no newbie to power adders and I know all one needs to.

I know centri/turbo make great power and are faster at the track and have better traction but I want power at less than 4-6k. My motor N/A pulls pretty nice above 4k - I want it sooner, this is why I'm getting a supercharger.

Yes, I know that edlebrock is a nice blower but straight up, IMO, it's ugly and when equipped with what I want, expensive. The whipple was chosen after a TON of research, not just to be cool with the whipple name....if I wanted to impress the teens I'd go KB.
The whipple has everything in one kit, easy install directions, one of the safest tunes in the industry AND comes with GT500 pumps something other kits do not. I've based my decision on research, not a quick emotional decision.

Also, believe me when I say, put on some tires(DR if necessary) and you WILL get traction. My friends '03 cobra has 700rwhp and all he punches it in first and hooks after only a quick spin.....if his car can be driven on the street, a 450hp can be too - even with 4.10s.....also know that if it's too crazy I do plan on either 305/45 555Rs, going to 3.73s, or both.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Also, I was looking into a Brenspeed kit and was set on a saleen stage 3 until the prices went up.....it doesn't make sense IMO to get that(w/BAP) vs a whipple(w/GT500 fuel) for the same price. The same goes for the edlebrock. It's just too expensive

The whipple's cheaper, better looking(IMO) AND has more power potential than either of those.......now don't get crazy if I'm wrong about the E-force potential ..... but I think I'm right
Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
Also, I was looking into a Brenspeed kit and was set on a saleen stage 3 until the prices went up.....it doesn't make sense IMO to get that(w/BAP) vs a whipple(w/GT500 fuel) for the same price. The same goes for the edlebrock. It's just too expensive

The whipple's cheaper, better looking(IMO) AND has more power potential than either of those.......now don't get crazy if I'm wrong about the E-force potential ..... but I think I'm right
The TVS (E-Force, Roush TVS) has as much power potential as the Whipple. It's the same displacement and not a true roots but not a twin screw either. I think Eaton did a real good job with it.

I really thought this thread would degrade into name calling and lots of bad feelings all around. I'm glad it didn't and I hope you have enough information to get the blower you want. I'm happy for anyone who gets blown.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure the potential of the E-Force and the Whipple is the same.

My eforce with the GT 500 pumps didn't cost more than the whipple.

As my car is now with the E-force and all add ons (fuel injectors, gt 500 pumps, cold air kit, spark plugs, gauges, cooling kit for 2005, and smaller pulley ) for about 465hp it cost me $5879

My dad and I did the install and it's dyno tuned by Tillman Speed add another $400 for that.

All is said and done cost me less than the Whipple and I can run door to door with any Whipple out there with no problem. (not talking about people with forged internals and higher boost.)

I understand what you said about looks it's not for everyone doesn't give that wow factor when you open the hood. However, it's shaped that way for reason and there is a very good video about it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT8texoWIvU. I don't remember the guys name right this minute but he was the lead design on the Saleen blower and left Saleen to work for edelbrock to create this design.

No matter what blower you pick you will love it and have a lot of fun it's just a matter of preference.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

It's Ed something I think......where'd you get that price? Brenspeed's like 6600 or so.

BTW I'm happy this thread turned to be what it is, it's very informative and serves to help others.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Hawaii Racing through eBay did get a few discounts through eBay but that didn't make a huge difference in price just some.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

The higher end Saleen SC kits from Brenspeed includes the GT500 fuel pump as well, not just Whipple does that anymore. Now, this could be a Brenspeed only addition to those kits.

I like the Edlebrock video that was posted. Very informative, and had no idea why it was built the way it is. Of course, how much of that is marketing hype?

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 10-12-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whipple HO or Roushcharger