Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best deals on 2011 GT. What did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Default Best deals on 2011 GT. What did you pay?

Guys and gals, need some information. Sometime, in the next year, I will be picking up a 2011 5.0. Right now I am using a buying service through Progressive auto insurance which seems to have pretty decent prices.

My definate options are going to be manual trans, Brembo package, Shaker 1000, and HIDs. Anyone with similiar options get a really sweet deal? I don't mind travelling, as I went from AZ to KY for my 04 Cobra last year. Thanks ahead of time!

Just trying to get a feel for the market right now.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Well I had a really different package setup. But to give you an idea of how low I managed to negotiate mine, the MSRP on mine was $36105, Invoice 33310, and I got it for $33000 + TTL
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

2011 GT Premium
Glass Roof
Pedestal Spoiler
Fake Hood Scoop
Fancy Wheels

35k out the door with oil changes and extended warranty.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Ok, good deals. Good to know and thanks for the help.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

You don't need to travel far to get a good deal. Just e-mail dealers around your area.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I've seen a few folks post that they paid in the $31k range +/- $1k out the door for a GT but I can't recall how they were equiped. Hopefully those folks will post.

And then there was the forum member that posted just a few days ago that he paid $38k for a 2010 "nothing special" GT. I suspect he's STILL kicking himself in the butt...
Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
And then there was the forum member that posted just a few days ago that he paid $38k for a 2010 "nothing special" GT.
Unbelievable!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

The thing about asking what kind of deals people got for their cars at the dealerships is you really need to take what they say with a grain of salt. Maybe a whole barrel of salt because the BS could really fly.

Now, I am not saying that people that post great deals are all liars, nor am I calling any of them out, but there are some guys who are full of BS, and the others who are telling the truth are leaving some serious things out.

One of the major things that people leave out is that they go through some company taht wheels and deals big time with the dealerships. It is to the point now that the dealerships have several tiers of deal making:
One is for the customer directly, that deal making is only universal incentives given by FoMoCo themselves. Maybe a little of leeway in addition, but not much.
The next tier is deals for middlemen negotiators. These negotiators are given much more leeway. For example, if I went through my insurance company, they have a car buying program such that I would have basically gotten an additional couple thousand off of a '11 GT during this summer, when the dealers were not dealing at all.

Then there is the Ford employee, affiliate of Ford, family member of Ford employee or Affiliate of Ford discounts. These are called A-, D-, X- (and some other letters) plans.
Many guys brag about getting these letter plans, but not EVERYONE is eligible to receive them.

So, if someone talks about getting like $6000-8000 off MSRP on a '11 GT, you might want to challenge them to expose how they got that $6000-8000 off.
Ford right now has up to a maximum of $2750 in universal incentives, and very very few people qualify in every respect to get the entire possible $2750 of this universal incentive.
Then, add the Ford letter plan. Maybe a couple more thousand off.
The rest basically is taken off from the dealer at their discretion, which they simply do not want to do, unless they are making room for the next year's inventory and trying to move those older vehicles off, or they are very overstocked.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:00 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

And then there was the forum member that posted just a few days ago that he paid $38k for a 2010 "nothing special" GT. I suspect he's STILL kicking himself in the butt...
I remember that story, and I believe he is stuck with that car. But I wonder if he could take them to civil court for price gouging? He will not be able to return the car at all, but just maybe, he might be able to get a refund of several thousand back so that the price is brought down to a reasonable average selling price given his area.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I remember that story, and I believe he is stuck with that car. But I wonder if he could take them to civil court for price gouging?
Somebody have a link to this thread? I missed it apparently.

EDIT: Nevermind...found it.

Quick Reply: Best deals on 2011 GT. What did you pay?