Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So whats up with the 2012 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Why not look at the 2010 and the 2011 one year with a 4.6 then six months later 5.0 is back they will probably bump it up a bit like the bullit edition I won't doubt it.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I'm focused on college first, the car is the outlet for me to vent my stress. I love cars to death and they will always be a big part of my life, but I enjoy what I have and don't add to my stress by thinking about the kid whose dad is a doctor and bought him a 2010 GT...that doesn't make my 2007 mean less to me
Old 10-22-2010, 10:15 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gspyer@yahoo.com
... Because one day he'll be 37 too, and he'll be too old to care what other people think about his Stang.
I don't know, I know many guys who put alot of mods and effort into thier 'Stangs just to impress the other 'Stang fans. I'm talking about guys who are like 50 or older

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
I'm focused on college first, the car is the outlet for me to vent my stress. I love cars to death and they will always be a big part of my life, but I enjoy what I have and don't add to my stress by thinking about the kid whose dad is a doctor and bought him a 2010 GT...that doesn't make my 2007 mean less to me
I went drving by a college I went to years ago. And this is a high dollar college; I'm talking about 3 semesters tuition = the cost of a GT500! (And not used either!)

On campus I say several guys all with S197 'Stangs, but regardless of how rich their parents are for shelling out beaucoup (it's not pronounced booo-kooo by the way) bills for tuition, none of these guys have a GT; they are all driving V6's and still rocking them. The girls dig the 'Stangs none the less than a GT

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson;7255266

[B
onegoal[/b] - maybe you should start a project car just so you'll learn that if it's ever going to get driven you have to stop choosing yet another set of "latest and greatest" parts to go into it. Sometimes you just have to call that part of the build done, at least for a little while. Even though Ford is several orders of magnitude bigger than any individual backyard effort, they are still subject to the same constraints. Under far greater time pressures.

It's no different when you're looking to buy a car for which the "state of the art" is undergoing constant improvement. At some point you have to decide to call it "good enough", throw that crystal ball of yours that keeps teasing you about what might be in the future out with the rest of the trash, and decide that you're really going to be happy with the car that you already have or actually can buy.

The alternative is a lifetime of frustration. Think about it.

Norm

Norm, this is very damn well said.

Originally Posted by onegoal
Wow. That would suck! If I wanted to buy a fast Mustang new then I would have to buy a GT500! I dont got that kind of $!
Or you could buy a used GT500, probably a couple of years old, but possibly in the same proce range as what a '11 GT costs now.

The GT500 even from 2009, will spank a Coyote hands down.

Last edited by howarmat; 10-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

That little button (multi quote) with the green plus sign next to the Quote button lets you put all of your quotes from different people into one post.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:41 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

for me at least...if i'm interested in a 2011 GT..it seems a step back to even consider the previous body style. If your simply looking from the performance factor..sure if its a GT500. But I am looking at over-all car value for me (looks, performance, comfort, payment). I had a 2005 GT and also a 2010 GT and for me the 2010 topped the 2005 hands down in every area that was important to ME. I personally could not go back to a pre 2010 regardless of what motor was in it.

ONLY exception would be Saleen......
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I tried that button several times. I cannot get that damn thing to work
Old 10-22-2010, 10:46 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Take all the quotes you want except the last one and hit that button. The LAST quote you want, use the regular quote button. Then it should work.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I don't know, I know many guys who put alot of mods and effort into thier 'Stangs just to impress the other 'Stang fans. I'm talking about guys who are like 50 or older

I went drving by a college I went to years ago. And this is a high dollar college; I'm talking about 3 semesters tuition = the cost of a GT500! (And not used either!)

On campus I say several guys all with S197 'Stangs, but regardless of how rich their parents are for shelling out beaucoup (it's not pronounced booo-kooo by the way) bills for tuition, none of these guys have a GT; they are all driving V6's and still rocking them. The girls dig the 'Stangs none the less than a GT

Norm, this is very damn well said.

Or you could buy a used GT500, probably a couple of years old, but possibly in the same proce range as what a '11 GT costs now.

The GT500 even from 2009, will spank a Coyote hands down.
True but the gt500 insurance would be higher, cost more for parts, less warranty left.

To be honest though I dont really dig the GT500 design. I dont like the front of the car. I like the standard front of the GT better.

To the OP yea I see a number of Mustangs lately at my campus as well. However most of them are the cheap v6 version. I notice one other GT that is a 99-04 model though. One person drives a Camaro, not the new one but I notice two people driving newer VETTES! Wtf.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
True but the gt500 insurance would be higher, cost more for parts, less warranty left.

To be honest though I dont really dig the GT500 design. I dont like the front of the car. I like the standard front of the GT better.
What are you talking about? the GT500 hass a badd-*** front end. That is a front end you do not have to shell out over $1000 to buy, paint match, and mount!

Yes, the GT500 insurance is plenty expensive, but so is a regular GT.
For my area, I am paying close to $500 per 6mo term. And I have an absolutely clean driving record, no points, no tickets.
If you get a GT, you might pay similarly, or a bit less, depending on your area and your record.

BTW, Matt, thanks for adjusting my post, it looks alot cleeaner now
Old 10-23-2010, 11:00 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nj07
Why not look at the 2010 and the 2011 one year with a 4.6 then six months later 5.0 is back they will probably bump it up a bit like the bullit edition I won't doubt it.

well ummm... compare apples to apples dude. we all knew a new motor was going in the 2011. It was way over due for a new engine. And the bullit is the perfect example. Just a stupid intake as a marketing gimmick to raise hp

Quick Reply: So whats up with the 2012 GT?