Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So whats up with the 2012 GT?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
What are you talking about? the GT500 hass a badd-*** front end. That is a front end you do not have to shell out over $1000 to buy, paint match, and mount!

Yes, the GT500 insurance is plenty expensive, but so is a regular GT.
For my area, I am paying close to $500 per 6mo term. And I have an absolutely clean driving record, no points, no tickets.
If you get a GT, you might pay similarly, or a bit less, depending on your area and your record.

BTW, Matt, thanks for adjusting my post, it looks alot cleeaner now
Im 26 and my insurance on a 06 gt premium is around 700 a year with 500$ deductable. Im on my parents plan and they pay my insurance but its something like that.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
well ummm... compare apples to apples dude. we all knew a new motor was going in the 2011. It was way over due for a new engine. And the bullit is the perfect example. Just a stupid intake as a marketing gimmick to raise hp
Speaking of intakes, the stock intake box for the '11 GT only flows like 750 CFM. WFT is up with that? The 4.6 was getting intake boxes that flow around 800CFM!

Either Ford messed up here or they purposefully put a gimpy intake box on the Coyote so that they can next year put on a 850 CFM box and slightly retune to get 10 more crank HP to advertise.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:20 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Speaking of intakes, the stock intake box for the '11 GT only flows like 750 CFM. WFT is up with that? The 4.6 was getting intake boxes that flow around 800CFM!

Either Ford messed up here or they purposefully put a gimpy intake box on the Coyote so that they can next year put on a 850 CFM box and slightly retune to get 10 more crank HP to advertise.
Haha your correct. Its all about marketability They leave room for improvement so it can easily be done for a special edition stang or a new fresh touch up year model.

If im correct, the BOSS uses the same motor but more Hp. This may be due to a simple tune and intake. Of course im only speculating,.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Im 26 and my insurance on a 06 gt premium is around 700 a year with 500$ deductable. Im on my parents plan and they pay my insurance but its something like that.
I probably should have said this in the other thread when I replied to you in the 16yr old's thread, but as for being able to afford and buy a more current GT, you should get out of your current job and get one that pays better.
This way you can get off of your parent's insurance, get your own, and buy the car totally yourself.
If you can't get said job, start doing stuff now to get that better job, like going back to school for a decent paying career. You do not have to make that much to buy a brand new GT either; just get a job that pays $30K a year and you can pay the payments, pay the insurance, and even move out and live on your own!

If you are busting your *** and not making more than $30K a year, your job is a dead end job and you should look for another.

Like you told Ian in the other thread:
I say keep the 07. Hell people on here whale on me because I want to trade my current 06 gt in on a 2011 gt and saying Im spoiled and all.

I work hard in school and at work I deserve the very best the world has to offer.
I don't mean this to get on you, I am only saying that if you prioritize a good job first, the newest greatest Mustang GT will follow.

Again, I am not saying this to "whale" on you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdIAv...eature=related
Old 10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Wait...your 26 and still on your parents plan and they pay your insurance??? Sounds like your being coddled by your parents and with some of the post that I have seen from you....they are NOT doing you any favors. Especially when you will eventually have to go out into the REAL world and pay your own insurance on your own policy.

in comparison... My daughter is 23..full time college student at Clemson with a brand new car. She has her OWN insurance policy and pays HER OWN insurance on her OWN BRAND NEW CAR. She also works part time at a bank and also tutors student athletes. She does what she needs because it wasn't handed to me and won't be handed to her either. I pay a percentage of her tuition, she pays a percentage and she has some scholarships.....
Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
you will eventually have to go out into the REAL world .....
I think there are ALOT of people that have no idea what you are talking about. It's pretty sad.

Mommy and daddy are not gonna coddle a grown *** man forever.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:58 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Wait...your 26 and still on your parents plan and they pay your insurance??? Sounds like your being coddled by your parents and with some of the post that I have seen from you....they are NOT doing you any favors. Especially when you will eventually have to go out into the REAL world and pay your own insurance on your own policy.

in comparison... My daughter is 23..full time college student at Clemson with a brand new car. She has her OWN insurance policy and pays HER OWN insurance on her OWN BRAND NEW CAR. She also works part time at a bank and also tutors student athletes. She does what she needs because it wasn't handed to me and won't be handed to her either. I pay a percentage of her tuition, she pays a percentage and she has some scholarships.....
I damn agree 100%. Sure my parents let me stay at home until I was 19 so I could go to a local community college for a couple of semesters, but by that October that fallowing fall, I enlisted into the Army and shipped out to basic training the following January.
Through the Army, I bot federal benefits, namely, the GI bill, which allowed me to go back to school when I finished basic training and AIT. After about 6 months of training, I transferred into the reserves, went back to school, and still fulfilled my service by reporting in to my reserve unit no less than once a month.

Now, someone who says they are busting their *** working part time and going to school, they haven't got a clue until they actually enlist in the military and get activated to go overseas to like Iraq or Afganistan.
THAT is busting ***. And yeah, the military will bust it for you, but they also give you great benefits, and money for schooling is one of them.