Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microsoft Sync issues!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Default Microsoft Sync issues!

Hello all, I have a 2011 V6 Mustang that is equipped with Microsoft Sync. I like to hook my Microsoft Zune-HD MP3 player up to my car through the Sync program and listen to my music through the car speakers. Just a few minutes ago my Sync system stopped working completely, Sync will not even turn on when you press the Sync button! I had taken my car to the Ford dealer for this problem earlier this week, only for them to say my car was 'too new' and that they have never heard of my problem with Sync. They also said it could be my MP3 player I am using, I find that hard to believe when Microsoft clearly states that the Microsoft Zune is compatible with Sync. This problem is really starting to **** me off, does anyone have this problem?

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
rangerdogy

Did it stop working when you turned your car on (i.e. you were listening to the Zune, turned the car off, and the Zune/SYNC did not play when you started the car)?

It seems to be a common problem for Sync to default back to FM when starting the car. It does it to me about every tenth time. Look on the forums at syncmyride.com and fordsyncforums.com and there are many owners with the issue (not isolated to just Mustangs). Nobody seems to know of a fix.

Other than that, it works great for me (and, yes, I do also use a Zune).
Old 10-31-2010, 08:01 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Your best bet is to call Microsoft, call teh customer service line for your Zune
Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

there's a guy on the forum here call ford engineer, might want look for him, he does a lot of testing for ford and knows all about sync, my suggestion as I have had sync for almost 2 years in my '10 gt and this car, if listening to mp3 or ipod, before you turn car off switch to satellite radio and usually never messes up, another nice thing about sync in the '11 v6 it keeps the phone sound level as you used on previuos calls, in the '10 used to go low volume everytime made a call..
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

rangerdogy : I leave my Zune in my car usually so I was listening to music through the USB port in the car via my Zune HD, and I turned the car off and when I went to move my car today I turned my car on like normal. Once the car turned on, it went straight to the AM/FM radio instead of my Zune. I tried to unplug/plug in the Zune again even turning it off and on and it would not even show as connected to power. I then tried to press the Aux button on the radio and the radio would change to sync for a split second then return to Radio. The steering wheel Sync button did not work at all either. I turned the car off and restarted the car and this did not fix it either.

Funny thing is, I left the car alone for awhile and the problem fixed itself, but this problem has been occurring VERY VERY frequently lately. This is very annoying to me, especially since I rarely get to drive my car and when I do drive it I only drive for like 20 minutes; so when I can't listen to my music it is somewhat lame.

Jim5.0 - I will be calling Microsoft tomorrow, hopefully they know something about this. I am completely reformatting/restoring my Zune HD to factory.

6+6 Stang - I will look that user up, hopefully he is still active on the boards. And I will try switching radio to satellite radio before I shut off the car from now on, thank you.

One last thing, I rarely add new songs to my Zune, however when I ues my Zune in my car it frequently tells me that "Sync has recognized a new device". What could be causing this?

Thanks for your time guys, I appreciate it.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Personally, although I know it might require buying something new, I decided to use one of my flash drives instead of keeping my Zune attached to the car. So far I haven't had any playback issues at all and it's small and convenient to keep plugged into the USB port.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Good idea man, I might just have to do that. I will save up the 100 dollars cus I have like 27 Gigs of music,

Do you just leave your flash drive plugged inside the little compartment in the console?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Good idea man, I might just have to do that. I will save up the 100 dollars cus I have like 27 Gigs of music,

Do you just leave your flash drive plugged inside the little compartment in the console?
Haha damn you have a ton of music! It looks like it actually shouldn't even be that much, I just went on newegg and checked out how much flash drives were running these days and found one 32GB for $60 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820226080)

Yep, I just keep it plugged in all the time. I've heard from a few others that also use the USB drive method that they haven't had any problems with it either, personally I've only had it a few days so I can't speak from too much experience. For me though it was a no brainer to at least try since I use my Zune all the time while I'm walking from place to place and it would be more of a pain to have to always bring it to and from the car.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yea, the radio stations don't play the music I like so I exclusively listen to my zune 24/7.

Thanks for the link, that is way cheaper than over at BestBuy + OfficeDepot.

Nice car BTW
Old 10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Yea, the radio stations don't play the music I like so I exclusively listen to my zune 24/7.

Thanks for the link, that is way cheaper than over at BestBuy + OfficeDepot.

Nice car BTW
Right back at you on the car, I've actually really been thinking hard about getting the billet grille (probably black) and having the CS fascia installed with the fogs, I personally think it looks much cleaner than the stock GT!

The boss stripe package and fascia setup on your stang looks awesome

Quick Reply: Microsoft Sync issues!