Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-11-2014, 03:38 AM   #11
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT Legend Lime and 1967 CP

I had two noises that took me forever to find.. May not be yours but look for peace of mind.. 1. Exhaust hagars in the middle if car right behind the tranny. Take a screwdriver and bend it a little so it's not rubbing on the rubber bushing. It looks like it's impossible to make a noise but it was a loud annoying squeak.. 2. The sway bar end links, had to talk to Sam Strano the suspension expert to find this one. A 1/4 turn will make a difference!! Small maybe 5mm bolts.. Red locktite and a good tighten town made a world of difference! This may not be your problem at all but it's worth a shot ??!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #12
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

Time for me to chime in here since I had the same problem. It drove me nuts and I literally almost sold the car because of it. Every time I hit any kind of road imperfection, there would be loud squeaking and it was very audible standing outside the car as well as the cabin.

I changed to aftermarket LCA's, changed nothing (although this is a source of noise for many people and could be it.) Then I changed exhausts to a Pypes O/R H, and it got worse. So this lead me to believe it was the exhaust and it was. $2 later and the problem was solved. Check your exhaust hangers right by your mufflers (especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.) Also check them by the transmission. The metal hanger rubs with the bracket and causes squeaking. Get some rubber, cut it, place it over the hanger near where it meets the bracket and zip-tie it. Problem solved.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 2005, 2010, accelerating, car, chassis, cold, mach, makes, making, mustang, noise, noises, sqeaking, squeaking, stays